Chapter 48 : Nightclub

Two chapters have been updated! Make sure to read them in order.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

In Greek mythology,

She was the youngest daughter of Cadmus and Harmonia,

And the mother of Dionysus

Her mate being Zeus.

She's Semele.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

I shifted on the red velvet sofa

I shifted on the red velvet sofa. "Can you give me a phone now?"

Aaron laughed under his breath and reached for his pocket. "Sorry. I forgot the other part of our deal."

He pulled out an iPhone and handed it to me. I took it, dialing Pedro's number. After three tries, it went to voice mail. Please be okay.

Blaze's friends are out on revenge and the sooner I get to Pedro, the better. I dialed Zion's number but he wasn't picking either. Something feels very wrong.

"Can't reach your friends?" Aaron interlaced his hands between his knees and smiled. I narrowed my eyes at him. Something was definitely wrong.

I tossed his phone and he caught it. "So you're the god of some kind of emotion? Like Liam?" He half shrugged, pocketing his red iPhone. "Liam is a god right?" I persisted.

He bit his lip and leaned against the sofa. "God-ish."

What's that supposed to mean?

He didn't seem to go any further so I tried another approach. "So harpies eat humans?"

Aaron observed his nails and smiled. "Nah. She's like that because of Liam. Always trying to find the human that tastes better for him. Too bad she doesn't know the tastes are not in the flesh but the emotions. We can feed and control humans with a significant amount of it."