Chapter 79 : Ecstatic

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

They were thought to be wind spirits.

Their original name meaning 'snatchers'.

They steal food from their victims,

And carry evildoers to the Furies.

They are Harpies.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

I sat in front of a bar at the far corner of the nightclub

I sat in front of a bar at the far corner of the nightclub. The atmosphere looked boisterous as people stirred energetically around the place.

I scratched my nose, feeling the burning sensation within my nostrils. Eros' gas was back and it filled the entire area, including the dance floor.

Am I the only person who hates the burning scent? No one has complained about it, not even Pedro and Zion.

Maybe I'm just weird.

My finger traced the rim of my glass as I recalled what happened this morning.

I don't know what's worse, the fact that Ocypete had blatantly voiced out her desperate attraction to Liam, or the fact that he agreed.

Don't get me wrong, he was surprised by her bargain -- just like the rest of us -- and hesitated with his answer. But after a few moments, he agreed.

I expected his cocky ass to say 'no' but boy was I wrong. Unfortunately, Liam really wants to help. Either to save Gwen's dad or kill Henry.

I took a sip of my cold beverage. The harsh taste slid down my throat and I let out a sigh.

Zion and Eros conversed a few feet away, possibly discussing a detailed version of tonight's plan.

"Why the long face?" The bartender spoke as he dutifully cleaned an empty glass with a rag. "A pretty woman like you shouldn't be sitting idly without company."

Well, that's out of the blue.

I rose an eyebrow and shook my head. "It's not what you think--"