Chapter 27 : Chase

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Kore was the Ancient Greek word for 'maiden.'

The name highlights her innocence.

After she was kidnapped,

She changed her name to Persephone,

Bringer of death.

•°•°•°•°•°•°

Enemy hands grabbed my black shirt, but they immediately dissipated

Enemy hands grabbed my black shirt, but they immediately dissipated. I smiled, knowing Liam was fighting the rest of the group.

"Get off me!" Blaze snarled and seized my incoming fist. My other elbow broke his nose but he grabbed that arm. The next second, my back hit the ground with Blaze hovering over me. "You want revenge because of what I did to Pedro."

He sneered, showing a golden tooth. Blood dripped from his nose to my face and I tried raising my wrists. It rose an inch before he slammed it back.

"Zion didn't listen when I hurt his younger brother." Blaze's stinking breath hit my nose. "Perhaps he will if I hurt you."

I grunted in rage before bucking and slamming my head against his. He groaned right before I kneed his groin. Blaze hissed and fell sideways to the ground. I wasn't done. I was filled with rage as I got to my feet and went for him.

An arm wound around my waist, pulling me back. "Gem, relax."

I tried breaking out from Liam's hold. My anger intensified. "If you come near Pedro again I'll murder you!"

"You witch!" Blaze roared, his coiled skinny frame lay on the grassy floor.

"Gem, we better go. We're bringing attention to ourselves."

I sagged, taking deep breaths before looking around. A few people had stopped to watch the scene, murmuring in low tones. Liam grabbed my hand and pulled me towards his car.

I took a glance at Blaze and his defeated team. All five boys staggered to their feet and took a run for it, but Blaze acted strangely. He slowly pulled himself up and massaged his swollen groin. After a brief moment, he gave a deranged laugh, which was completely weird since there's nothing to laugh about. Needles pricked against my skin and I tried to calm the dreadful feeling. In a switch, he stopped, leaving the whole place eerily silent despite the presence of people. He cracked his neck with eyes zoned in on me.