Chapter 11 : Feisty

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

In Greek mythology,

He is a Titan,

who defied the gods by stealing fire

and gave it to humanity during its early civilization.

He's Prometheus.

•°•°•°•°•°•°

My feet propelled me faster through the forest than I could ever imagine

My feet propelled me faster through the forest than I could ever imagine. My hands shoved low branches in my way as I maneuvered through trees. I followed the narrow path. My ankle boots trampled over fallen debris and leaves until I got to an open area.

The beach.

I stood at the edge of the forest. The tip of my boots kissed the sandy border. A cold wind brushed over my smooth skin, popping out goosebumps. It didn't bother me.

Numerous stars winked in the dark sky and the full moon cast a rippling reflection on the horizon.

A tear streamed down my cheek and I rubbed my arms to bring in some warmth. The tides were high and the ocean roared in waves from the strong breeze. Right then a message pinged on my phone.

I pulled an android from my pocket and scanned through my inbox. It was an anonymous sender.

Hello Penelope.

I rose one eyebrow. The number doesn't look familiar and the address seemed off. Which means it could be someone out of town. My thumb tapped the phone screen.

Who's this?

It didn't last a second before the stranger replied.

A friend...for now.

I was getting weird vibes. I tapped another message and pressed send.

Why don't you tell me your name?

This time it took a while for the next reply.

It doesn't matter, Love. Why are you alone in the middle of the night?