Chapter 29 : Scorpion

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

With the aid of Daedalus 

A hollow wooden cow was made.

She got inside and mated with the bull.

The resulting offspring was the Minotaur.

She was Pasiphae the queen.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

I ran towards the stationery store

I ran towards the stationery store. My heart picked up speed from the thought of dying. At least I had a weapon. The piece of glass poked against my jeans and I was glad to have it within reach. As bad as it seems, it's my only defense.

And that left me with one question; how do I cut through a manticore's tail? 

Blaze's tail got thicker on the second transformation -- which is not a good sign. And at the moment, he was catching up to me. I quickened my pace like it was my last ran and dived through the broken glass of the stationery store.

I thought I could make it.

I fell against the floor filled with broken shards of glass. Right then, a huge paw lined with sharp claws sliced my torso as Blaze tried to grab me from the other side. I cried out as it grazed my ribs, nearly dividing my black shirt into two.

I stumbled away, my shallow breaths filled the cold and dark store. I rushed to the very back and leaned against one of the tall shelves. I grunted as the wound on my side burned in pain. Blood dampened my shirt and trickled down my side. I slid to the ground, every exhalation was a pain to my ribs.

My shirt had nearly divided at the front. One more tug and it'll give way. That wasn't good since I'm only wearing a bra underneath. I tried controlling my breathing as I sat on the cold floor. My eyes darted around the darkroom. I could find a weapon good enough to kill him.

But what weapon can you get in a stationery store?

"Come out, little witch."

The sound of clinking glass was enough information. Blaze was climbing through the broken window.