Scary Monsters Pt.3

She did

She did. Cassandra had heard about Vermillion's ability to turn into a fire giant due to all the fire giants she put down and the energy that went to her system. Vermillion was too angry to notice Cassandra putting her lessons to use. What lessons? Magic lessons. Katherine had trained her in a more telekinetic area of magic and Cassandra picked it up fast. She was a thoughtful woman after all.

Once the statues were back up, there weren't raging flames everywhere and Vermillion had calmed down. She didn't change though so she sat down so that they weren't intimidated by the now 9 ft tall woman. Dang, Vermillion was tall as a fire giant. Now that she was in her more peaceful state, she shared with them a plan that she had concocted. It was a nice plan, so why not?

-Timeskip, At the Botanical Gardens-

"We finally arrived! It's the botanical gardens~. The rare flower that has gone viral on magicam... We must take a picture of it!" A girl said.
"You're right! Where is it?" A boy said.
"Ah, is that it!? The prettiest flower growing in the very back of the flowerbed." The girl said. There was a warning sign that read, "Please don't step inside the flowerbed".
"But, we can't take the picture clearly over here because the other plants will get in the way." The boy said. The sound of rustling caught their attention.
"Hmm? There's someone standing beside the tree." The girl said.
"Hey, have you heard it before? The rumour of this botanical garden." A mystery person said.
"Eh? It's my first time hearing this. Tell me about it." Another said.
"Hmm? Rumour?" The girl said.
"The rumour states that this garden was actually a cemetery for bad people." He hummed.
"Bad people?" Another hummed.
"Troubling people. Tyrants and the cruel. They were buried here to avoid people knowing where they came from. People were sent here to guard the grave so the spirits weren't revived. But, one day, those people suddenly disappeared on a misty night. The same things happened to the replacements... The people who guard the cemetery will go missing on a foggy night. Did they run away? Did they follow the spirits to the other world? No one knows the truth. Some people said they witnessed skeletons holding shovels appear in this botanical garden during a misty night. It is said that those skeletons are the spirits of the people who guarded the cemetery. They didn't know they already lost their life, so that's why they still guard the cemetery." The original male hummed.
"Ehh~!? I never heard of this before!" The second said.
"Our campus seems to be struggling to hide the truth, but they can't keep it a secret for long. The witnesses say they last see the missing person in this botanical garden. That is the reason behind the warning sign, but I believe there is another reason... they didn't want us to step inside where the skeletons would appear." A third said. At that, mist arrived. Despite that, they were unafraid. Cater got everyone into position.

They were supposedly having the time of their lives until one went up to one of the people. The two were surprised to see Deuce, but assumed he would admit he was an NRC student. That opinion was changed when Deuce started using his shovel. When asked why he was holding a shovel, Deuce simply replied. "Isn't it obvious? I'm burying them."