Spying on the Enemy (Mafia!Cater x Mafia!Vermillion)

Note: They still have magic in this AU, so Cater has his clones and Vermillion is still a godling. In this AU, Vermillion and her family run a secret mafia that no one knows about. Vermillion is the top spy in this and an undercover singer at her family's casino/hotel. The Heartslabyul mafia is very cautious of her because they think she's hiding something. With that said, enjoy the story!

Vermillion was two steps ahead of everyone. She knew it. Being a top spy for her family in the supposed "neutral" territory was something she did with pride. Today, she was going to be examining the Heartslabyul mafia. Her family had warned her ahead of time that the mafia was a wildcard all together and no one could track their movements. When Vermillion heard that......

Let's just say, the thrill of the chase excited her.

I mean, could you blame her? She was a wolf, a hunter. And hunters were always at the top of their game. At the present time, she was running an errand at the mall for her parents. She had made a terrible choice to wear a white shirt. Someone was rushing off and accidentally splashed her shirt with water. Vermillion was outraged. "OI! Get back here!"

They didn't stop however. Ugh, now how was she going to ki- I mean, lecture them. She looked at her shirt. Her stomach area was showing and that meant her abs were showing. Not that she minded, it showed she was strong, but she knew there were perverts that she would love to go after to assin- I mean, kick. She was not happy about her shirt. Then, she heard a voice behind her. "Hey there! You alright miss?"

Vermillion turned around. The speaker was the Heartslabyul spy, Cater Diamond. This was her chance! She gave him a deadpan look and he just chuckled. "Right. Silly me. Here, take this until you get a different shirt on."

He took off his jacket and slipped it on her. She zipped it up so that her stomach area was no longer exposed. Then, worry appeared. "Wait, I can't take this! How am I supposed to get this back to you?"

"Keep it. You need it more than I do."

"Wait, wh-"

"See ya cutie!"

With that, Cater was off. Vermillion wanted to chase after him and hand the coat back, but he was already gone. Dang it! Well, the coat was a nice gesture. How was she going to explain this to the others though?

-With Cater-

Cater arrived at the base and Trey glanced up. "Cater, where have you been? Where is your jacket? I could have sworn you were wearing one."

Dang, Trey caught on fast. Cater rubbed his neck. "A young lady got splashed with water, so I gave her my jacket. She needed it though those abs did imply that she was a strong woman. I gave it to her out of courtesy."

"I see. What's her name?"

"I forgot to ask her."

"If you find her, then assess her skills. She may have what we're looking for."

"Sure thing."

Cater was determined to find her, not for his mafia, but for himself.

-The Next Night-

"Nice try Diamond. But I always win."

Vermillion, hooded, tossed the stolen diamond up and down before slipping it into her pocket. Cater was outraged that someone had outsmarted him, but this thief had not only slipped past defenses that Riddle made but she also stole their most prized possession! Vermillion disappeared soon after. Cater shook his head furiously. How was he going to explain this to Riddle?

-With Vermillion-

"Wonderful work. You may go."

After being excused by her father, Vermillion went to her room. She hummed as she grabbed the jacket and slipped it over her shoulders. She was definitely wearing this for her next mission.

-9 Months Later-

January was always a pain. Heartslabyul territory would try to "extend their hospitality" and she hated it every time. She muttered curses as she shook some snow from her hair. She was suddenly pulled into an alleyway. She was about to scream, but a hand covered her mouth. She flinched when she recognized who it had been. Cater Diamond. He stared at her. "Please be quiet. I don't want the others to find you, Black Wolf."

Vermillion flinched, but stayed still. Black Wolf was the name she was known as to the public. It was her crime name. She waited patiently until they left and the hand was removed from her mouth. She quickly spoke. "How did you know? No one has ever found out."

"I've been spying on you for a while now. I'm surprised you didn't notice."

So, that was what the odd scent was. Cater then pinned her against the wall. "Say, what is your true name?"

Vermillion growled. "How do I know you won't tell your friends?"

Cater tilted his head. The female just shook her head. "I can't. You're part of the Heartslabyul mafia. I'm risking myself here. I-Huh!?"

Vermillion shivered, feeling Cater press his lips to her ear. She clutched his shoulders as he pulled away. "I'm not here for my mafia. I'm here for you. Now, please tell me your name."

"My name is...."

"Mhm?"

"Stella."

"Lovely name Stella. See you around!"

He rushed off as Vermillion smirked. Idiot. She teleported away to the place she called home.

-With Cater-

"Oh, that pretty little liar." Cater said. He knew who Vermillion was and he would never admit that to her if she asked. He would play her little game, that is.... until she was ready to surrender her heart to him.

-That Night-

Vermillion was hanging out with some people at the casino. Cater had watched her dance with others and it made his blood boil. She was a nice woman. In their eyes that is. Vermillion caught on to his watching and made hand signs towards him. She was telling him to follow her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The room Cater saw was a clean room. It was like a personal made apartment. Vermillion then shoved him against the door. "When will you stop watching me? Until I give you my heart? You're in enemy territory Cater and you need to stop hanging around me or your friends will get the wrong idea."

Cater rolled his eyes. "Oh, but my dear, isn't that the thrill of the chase?"

"What? Oh no. Don't fool me."

"Hehe."

"Fine. I'll give you my heart Cater. Be sure not to play it~."

"I'll be sure not to my dear."

My, my was this an odd pair. Nonetheless, the two were more than happy to embrace each other.