A New Day (New Years Special)

Hey peeps! Hope you all are doing well. It's a new year! Happy 2021! Also, happy birthday to Lilia!

New years were greatly celebrated by Vermillion and her family. It symbolized a new start for them. This year was no different to the ever growing family.

Vermillion and her siblings were planning with her siblings' lovers. Cassandra was chatting about incorporating fireworks.

Everyone was on board instantly.

Charlie and Lillian had done some baking, so there were treats aplenty. Vermillion and her siblings were planning a party to celebrate tomorrow.

Things were going good. Food was getting set up by her siblings. Grim of course was being kept back and Hummingbird was allowed free reign, seeing as she wouldn't try to eat anything. The fireworks were also getting set up nicely.

A knock on the door interrupted their preparations.

Vermillion opened the door to see Silver standing on the other side. Silver registered the female's presence. "Prefect von Fenris, you seem to be in good spirits."

Vermillion leaned against the door frame. "That's because I am. Do you need something?"

"Lilia wanted to invite you to celebrate his birthday with him. The party will be at 9 am. Will you be able to make it?"

"I'll be able to make it. I have nothing planned for then."

Silver nodded before turning around and leaving. Vermillion was grateful. At least she wouldn't have her hands full. That was a relief.

-That Night, 11:30 pm-

The whole family chatted as they ate desserts and waited the time to pass. Grim and Hummingbird were outside.

The people of Diasomnia came around when it was a minute before the fireworks. They were confused upon seeing Vermillion's family gathered around and chatting.

30 seconds had passed and Vermillion went to go light the fuse.

"3, 2, 1, HAPPY NEW YEAR!" The family shouted as the fireworks went off. Vermillion teleported back to them and they watched as the fireworks exploded.

The Diasomnia dorm watched as the fireworks went off. Malleus looked to Vermillion. The fireworks were illuminating her face with different colors. His heart thudded in his chest and for some reason, the prince saw the female godling in a different light. Almost literally.

Lilia hummed as he watched the fireworks explode. They were loud and noisy, sounding similar to cannons. But these were used to celebrate, not to attack. Silver had fallen asleep despite the ruckus and Sebek just eyed the fireworks with caution.

-The Next Day-

"Glad you could make it Enchantress." Malleus hummed as he opened the door for Vermillion.
"Happy to be here Draco. Where's Lilia?" Vermillion asked. Malleus was more than happy to lead the way.

The party was fun. Lilia even gave Vermillion a glass of wine and they clinked their glasses before taking a sip. Vermillion was 245. She could drink if she wanted to. Many presents were given. Sebek gave him a lute. Silver gave him a book on musical history of humans. Malleus gave him a shirt. Vermillion gave him a cookbook secretly disguised as a flute. The two shared a wink.

Overall, it was fun. Vermillion wasn't one to keep her count on these things, but birthdays with others were kind of fun.

Who knew what the new year would bring?