Will You Follow Me Into The Dark? (2K Special)

Hey guys! Sorry for posting this a little late! I've been busy with school! Now let's get into this! The pairing is Silver and Vermillion. Oh, sorry. I meant Overblot!Vermillion. Now, enjoy! Bolded italic is singing.

Silver didn't know how long he had been holding his breath. Hopefully, he had lost her. He had run pretty deep into the forest.

Where had everything gone wrong with the seemingly put together woman?

"Is it in your head?"

Oh no. There was that voice. HER voice. Silver only prayed she didn't find him.

"Are you on the edge?"

Yes. Yes he was. Also hoping that she wouldn't find him.

"Are you gonna turn your back? Are you gonna run away? But stay awake."

Silver would do that, but noise would alert her of his presence.

"Will you follow me into the dark? ... Will you follow me into the dark? ... If you lose it all, will it fall apart? Will you follow me into the dark?"

Was she asking Silver to join her? Silver kept quiet as he heard her footsteps.

"Will you follow me?"

Silver kept quiet. This was certainly something to keep him awake.

"Will you follow me?"

Silver was uncertain. Did he want to? No! He couldn't!

"There's no turning back."

What did she mean by that?

"It all fades to black."

Black... was she talking about what happened to her?

"No trying to pretend. We know where the story ends. Don't hold your breath."

"We"? Who was she talking about?

"Will you follow me into the dark? ... Will you follow me into the dark? ... If you lose it all, will it fall apart? Will you follow me into the dark?"

Then there was silence. Silver didn't dare open his mouth. He was right to do so.

"Will you follow me?"

Silver knew it. She wasn't gone.

"Follow me? Follow me?"

Was she this persistent? He missed the old her. Where was the woman he had fallen head over heels for? The one he loved? The one he had never confessed his feelings to?

"Will you follow me?"

He kept his mouth shut. Silver didn't know what to do now.

"Will you follow me?"

Silver then heard silence. Was she gone? His hopes, it seemed, were misplaced. "Found you, Argentum."

He knew that voice. His eyes trailed up until they were locked onto the ones of his seeker.

Those eyes were now half gold, half emerald green. Her hair was tied up into a bun. Gold smoke trailed from her right eye. Overblot markings in the shapes of claw marks decorated her facial features, one of her ears if he squinted hard enough, and he could see one on her left arm. Her clothes were now a dress with a train, a belt tied around her waist decorated in diamonds, a gold choker, diamond earrings, gloves, and a coat on one shoulder. There were claw marks on the coat.

He then noticed the N + H marking on her dress. A Nordic rune? Realization suddenly clicked. Hagalaz. Yes he remembered that rune when he asked Vermillion to teach him about Nordic runes. She had agreed, showing him her runestones. How fitting it was to be displayed.

Silver finally uncovered his mouth. "I thought I lost you, Vermillion. How did you find me?"

Vermillion threw her head back and laughed. It sent shivers down Silver's spine. Vermillion glanced at him again. "Well, you don't know how to cover your tracks. You didn't mask your scent properly. You should've taken a swim when you had the chance."

Silver froze. There had been a river. He could've jumped in and gotten his scent masked. But what if he had fallen asleep? Vermillion sighed as she knelt in front of him. "Oh Silver, running from me won't do you any good. Honestly, why did you even bother running? I was going to find you sooner or later. You know that."

Silver swallowed as he looked at her. "You aren't her. You aren't the friend I knew."

"Of course I'm not the friend you knew. I'm a new woman, Silver. I've changed."

"Not for the better. You've changed for the worst."

"Silver."

Silver tried to keep his features calm. Vermillion eyed him before leaning forward and pressing her lips to his. Silver tried to recoil, but Vermillion inched closer.

Silver blinked when she finally pulled back. Vermillion smiled at him. "I love you Silver. No running away from me, understand?"

Silver only looked her in the eyes. "Very well."

He hoped someone would help get the Vermillion he loved back. Because this Vermillion wasn't the one he had fallen in love with.