Ghost Marriage Pt.5 (Epilogue)

This sucks. The headmaster made all of us get the cafeteria back together. Even my family. Brook and Solis helped Balto get some chairs, no, tombstones, out of the way. There was a lot of complaining from Ace, Epel, and Grim. My siblings and parents? Not so much.

"This is the worst!"

Well, now Brook is complaining. Just perfect. Ortho then arrived. "Everyone! I've come to help so cheer up!"

I gave the energetic child a deadpan look. "I'll stop complaining either when I stop being this school's counselor or when Father stops shedding his shirt around Mother."

"SISTER!!!" My siblings shouted as I stuck my tongue out at them. Ortho just chuckled at my joking.
"Aah.. Ugh! Even after I did my best! How much more trouble do those ghosts want to cause for the living before they're satisfied? 500 years right? They spent that much time obsessing over "love." Isn't that too persistent? I was angry at the ghost vassals but.... I don't think I'll ever understand that princess for my whole life. If she just gave up on marriage and lived happily in the other world, I wouldn't be suffering like this....." Ace complained. Epel watched him with question in his gaze.
"Ace, don't you have a person that you like?" Epel questioned. I stared at him with a questioning look.
"Ha!? What's with that suddenly?" Ace asked, clearly surprised.
"'Too persistent' or 'I'll never understand', that sort of thing... I thought it was unexpected coming from you. Somehow I thought that you'd be more knowledgeable about love." Epel hummed.
"In other words, you're saying that I seem like a flirt?" Ace asked. Nine Realms, help me to not laugh.
"T-That's not what I meant." Epel said.
"Asking Ace about love would be pitiful. There's no way he'd know anything about it. There's no way such a twisted and mean guy would be popular." Grim said. I tried not to laugh. Rude, but hilarious.
"Maybe you'd like to stop feeling sorry for yourself? Back in middle school, I used to go to amusement parks and the cinema together with my girlfriend." Ace replied. I immediately stopped snickering under my breath to stare at him.
"W-What!? Ace is being cheeky?!" Grim was as surprised as I was.
"Amusement parks and cinemas? I looked up those places in my manuel and no matter what era, those are the top date spots!" Ortho said.
"Talking about love stories... It's very high school boys like! And? What happened next?" Epel said.
"Then, well girls, they're scared of extreme rides. So the only rides I could go on were either the merry-go-round or the Ferris wheel. She'd go, 'It's so cute!!' and take photos with Magicame but I still don't get what was so interesting though. Then with movies it was all either about romance and animals, action and horror were all 'Don't want to!' Being together with them was pretty boring so I eventually lost contact with her and kept my distance." Ace replied. I felt bitter at the mention of her.
"Is that so. That ended a little abruptly....?" Epel hummed.
"So, the troublesome part starts here. What do you think would happen when you keep your distance? One day, I was suddenly called by a group of girls whose names I didn't even know... 'Why don't you contact her?' 'So pitiful!' 'That girl has always been crying you know!' 'You monster!'... I was scolded a lot! What was that even about, some kind of feeling of solidarity between girls? It was at that time that I realized, love is just a pain! Hanging out normally with guy friends is way more interesting." I winced at Ace's words. They stung. Brook noticed and I just gave her a weak smile.
"Ace is pretty childish." Grim said.
"I don't wanna hear that from the one who seems to have the least experience with love. Actually! Rather than me, I think they're the ones who'd have the biggest problem." Ace said.
"Hmm?" Jack, Deuce, and Sebek said as they traveled over.
"Ace, what have you guys been talking about ever since a while ago?" Deuce asked. Jack just complained about sleep.
"Not to sound rude, but you guys were laying around on the floor the whole time. Think about it carefully, Grim, compared to me those who failed at the mission are more childish." Ace said. I clamped Grim's mouth shut. Then, Ace insulted Deuce and this started the talk of.....
"Weren't you popular at your middle school? I thought for sure you would."
"No, I really wasn't. The only person who spoke to me was my mother." Deuce hummed.
"Ah, I see. You were the scary type of bad boy. Jack was also rejected." Ace chirped.
"Mind your own business. I don't really care, I don't have to be popular." Jack growled.
"Oh? What's this, sour grapes?" Ace teased.
"That's not it. Our kind only decides to cherish one person for our entire lifetime. My parents and grandparents have always been together. From the moment they wake, up until they go to bed... Even during walks and meals they're still together. When the time comes for me to fall in love, I also want to spend the rest of my life with them is what I thought. That's why, I don't need to be popular." Jack said. Maybe it was my imagination, but I thought I saw his eyes slip towards me. My face heated up at the thought and I heard my father wolf whistle. I started cussing him out in Latin and Mother just laughed with my siblings. Poor Father, having to put up with me. What got me to stop was Sebek. "Oi! You humans over there! You haven't been working at all ever since a while ago! IF YOU HAVE THE TIME FOR IDLE CHATTER, LINE UP THOSE CHAIRS INSTEAD!