41

When Yujin opened her eyes, the first thing she saw was the back of Chenle's head right in front of her. He was sitting next to Renjun on the dark blue seats, their heads bopping as the bus changed lanes.

It was dark outside the window beside Yujin and she could barely see the buildings and other cars the bus was passing by. Other than the steady rumble of the engine, the bus was quiet.

"Where are we?" Yujin mumbled groggily. Her head was leaning against Jeno's shoulder but when she tried to remember how she had ended up in the bus, her mind went completely blank.

"In a bus!" Jeno answered cheerfully.

Yujin lifted her head and the interior of the bus swayed from side to side in her eyes. She held onto Jeno's arm and shook her head, trying to adjust her balance.

"I'm drunk", she said, almost surprised by the deduction.

"Hell yeah, you are!" Haechan hollered from behind them. "And we gonna drink some moooore soon."

"Woop woop", Chenle rejoiced, lifting his hands in the air and turned around to see the others. "Renjun, say 'woop woop'", he asked, nudging the guy sitting next to him.

"Woop woop", Renjun said obediently. Yujin narrowed her eyes at the silvery blond back of his head. He was so easy-going when he was drunk, or maybe he was just acting in a normal way - the way he acted when Yujin wasn't around. Chenle cheered and hugged Renjun.

Yujin's head felt heavy so she leaned it against Jeno's shoulder again.

"Where are we going?" Yujin asked, turning her head so that she could see at least a part of his face.

"To buy more booze", Haechan answered. "We ran out of soju."

Jeno was playing with Yujin's fingers and she looked at their intertwined hands.

"Don't you have shops nearby?" she asked.

Jeno nodded and Yujin could feel the movement of his jaw against her forehead. "Yeah."

"Then why did we take a bus?"

Yujin's head was lifted momentarily when Jeno shrugged. "Dunno", he said.

"The bus was there", Chenle informed them, once again turning around on his seat.

Yujin frowned. "In the shop?"

"Be quiet back there!" the bus driver yelled from the front of the bus.

Apparently, they'd been louder than they had realized.

Chenle faced the front again and Yujin tried to hide against Jeno's shoulder, embarrassed by the driver's comment. There were only three other passengers in the front section and she hadn't thought about the volume of their voices.

"Don't worry, noona. The other passengers are probably drunk as well", Jeno whispered, though his whisper was kind of loud too.

Yujin dared to lift her head and peeked at the other travelers sitting in the first rows. They were quiet but their red cheeks and awkward movements made Jeno's assumption plausible.

"That's good." It was a good thing if they didn't bother the other passengers even if the driver was annoyed for having so many drunk customers at the same time.

Jeno petted her hair gently. "You're cute."

Yujin stifled a giggle and turned to look at him. It was still difficult to focus her gaze but he was close enough that she could see his features clearly.

"You know what's cuter?" she asked, her cloudy gaze sweeping over his strong features and moon crescent eyes.

Jeno tilted his head. "Tell me."