52

Growth Marketing Intern/Working Student
Sales Intern
Sales Assistant (Part Time)

Jeno sighed. He had been scrolling through job postings for what felt like hours but when he allowed himself to check the time from his laptop, it was barely three in the afternoon. Usually by now he would've sent out multiple initial applications or inquiries but now he couldn't concentrate enough to even read through the postings to see which ones would be suitable for him.

"Don't look at your phone", he chided himself aloud, hoping that hearing the reprimanding words would stop him from sneaking a peek.

His phone wasn't muted, he would hear it if someone messaged him.

The Samoyed inside him was growing restless as the silence in the apartment was accentuated by the sound of the clock ticking in the kitchen. Jeno shifted on the living room couch and tried to find a position that would be more comfortable.

He really wanted to go out, and it should be okay for him to go out now. His nose scrunched when he tried to count how long it had been since he'd been to the gym. While he had worked out occasionally in Jaemin's room, it still wasn't the same. He needed to do something.

Jeno leaned against the back of the couch and poked his cheek with his tongue.

"It's too quiet", he wailed to fill the silence. He didn't like being alone when he didn't have anything real to do - especially now that he was desperate to distract himself from waiting for an answer to his message.

For a second, Jeno considered calling Yujin - just to make sure that her day in Seoul before her trip to Yeosu was going according to her plans - but he knew that it wouldn't be smart. She had told him that she'd be busy all day. He should give her some space and show her that he wouldn't burden her with constant pressure.

The Samoyed whined inside his head, trying to force him to reach his hand out and pick up his phone. It had grown used to having Yujin and the harvest mouse around, and while it didn't completely understand the situation, it wasn't willing to grasp the idea that Yujin was going away.

"I don't like it either", Jeno mumbled as he stared at the ceiling. "But she'll be back in no time, and I'm sure that she'll answer me as soon as she can."

His phone beeped and he had never been so quick to check the notification.

It was Chenle. He had sent a meme to the group chat.

Jeno sighed again, but perked up when he remembered a conversation he had had with Yujin.

"What if", he started and opened a new tab on his laptop, ignoring the job listings that were glaring at him. Jeno didn't have time for such things. "What if I check out that hiking place Yujin noona told me about and maybe we could go there together once everything calms down?"

The Samoyed within his soul listened to him intently, certain that this was the best idea Jeno had ever come up with. Then again, the dog reacted the same way to almost all of his ideas.

It had been some time since Jeno and Yujin had spoken about their dreams after she had woken up after a nightmare - and Jeno had been kind of sleepy, to be honest - so he couldn't recall where she actually wanted to travel for her hike.

After some research, Jeno figured out that the country he was supposed to focus on was Norway - not Denmark or Iceland like he had originally remembered - and the hiking destination was something called Trolltunga.

Jeno was so invested in his research that neither he nor the Samoyed sensed that someone was coming home until the front door was slammed closed.

"We're home", Chenle shouted.