13

"You don't need to yell at me, ok?" Yujin tried to reason with Taeil while pushing the climbing gym's door open with her hip. After waving to Jiyoung and motioning that she was heading out, Yujin had fetched her stuff from the locker room and left the gym. She was sweaty underneath her light spring coat since she had decided to shower once she got home. Taeil could nag at her for a long time, so it would've been silly of her to wait for the call to finish in the gym.

"That's all you've got to say?" Taeil sounded furious. "What the hell, I don't understand how come you're not worried, when it's highly likely that your security - our security! - has been compromised!"

Yujin sighed. Taeil's words did make her feel guilty and she knew that he had a good reason to be upset, she just didn't feel like being chastised by him.

"And then you don't even tell me what's going on!" he was still going, while she glanced at the bus stop nearby the gym. She had decided to take a bus instead of driving but now she regretted it. She was sweaty, wearing gym clothes and was talking on the phone. She couldn't take a bus like that; it could bother other people.

"Sometimes I feel like I'm taking care of a teenager. Why aren't you honest about shit like this? Don't you understand how serious this could get?" Taeil's voice was getting even louder than before.

"Oppa", Yujin called out with a stern voice and started walking towards home. "I'm sorry for worrying you but I honestly think that it's going to be ok. We aren't even sure about that kid, and I personally don't think that he's a tracker. Besides, he was shocked when he realised what I am, so I'm sure that even if he was a tracker, it wouldn't affect me."

As she spoke, Yujin looked around to make sure that she was alone. There were more people on the other side of the street and cars kept passing by but otherwise the area was calm. No one lurked around and she spoke quietly enough that no one should hear her words.

It was a beautiful and peaceful morning. The air quality was surprisingly good considering that winter had turned to spring. In fact, the air quality had been pretty good for the past couple of weeks but this morning felt especially nice. It would've been a perfect day - if only Taeil wasn't angry at her.

"You've got to be joking", Taeil groaned on the other end of the call. "You're sorry for worrying me? Seriously? Where's your common sense, Yujin-ah? You should be sorry for not being honest and for neglecting your security." He was still angry but, luckily, he wasn't so loud anymore.

Yujin huffed. "It's not like I invited your pack to the café", she pointed out.

Delicious smell of freshly baked bread stopped her on her tracks but after looking at the display window of a tiny bakery for a second, she continued her trek. "They decided to stop by and I don't kick customers out for no reason."

"I told them to not go there too often, especially the dreamies. They're too young and careless. I'll remind them about it later", Taeil was shifting part of his nagging towards his friends but it didn't make Yujin happy.

"No!" The word slipped out from Yujin's mouth too quickly.

"Huh?" Taeil was surprised by her reaction.

"No, I mean, like - ", Yujin coughed before starting over. "Of course they should be careful, especially now, and lay low just in case there's someone after them. But, you know, in general they didn't bother me."

"Okay..." Taeil's voice was confused. "I thought that you don't want them around?"

"I don't", Yujin answered. "It's easier for me if I don't have to worry for anyone else than you and myself. What I meant was that you shouldn't deny them from coming to the café. They like it and I think it'd be pity if they couldn't enjoy it because of me."