66

Yujin was surprised by Park Sunyoung's rage. Despite the fact that she was a leader of a group of money-hungry poachers who trafficked humans and destroyed their lives for financial gain, Yujin had assumed that Park would be too rational to actually attack her personally.

Yet - here she was. Yujin's back slammed against the sharp corner of the counter-top and she let out a startled grunt when the steel edge smashed against her back. Before she could get over the initial surprise, Park Sunyoung had hit her in the face with her pointy fist.

Her punch didn't pack up much power but, since Yujin hadn't covered her already bruised up cheek, it did still hurt.

"I'll kill you!" Park Sunyoung screeched, trying to grab Yujin's hair that was still braided behind her for this very reason.

"I'd like to see you try", Yujin answered to the furious threat and took a hold of the older woman's wrist. Her voice was barely audible over the loud noise of the fire alarm. "You old hag!"

The fire was cracking behind them, its flames reaching out for any additional objects to destroy. The fire alarm was howling and the sprinklers had started to squirt out water, which only gave the oil-based flames more power. The thick, dark smoke was irritating Yujin's eyes and nose and she knew that it would be important to get out of the kitchen soon.

Park Sunyoung went in for yet another punch but this time Yujin dodged and pushed her away instead, freeing herself in the process. The water from the sprinklers was only feeding the fire, meaning that the fumes and flames might end up killing them if they'd remain in the kitchen and if the fire department was slow to reach the café. She leaped for the closest object she could use to fight against Park Sunyoung, and grabbed the pot she had used moments ago against Lee, who was still unconscious on the floor. But when she turned around, she barely had time to jump out of the way of a knife Park had found.

"You will die now", Park told her with an intense glint in her eyes. The volume of her voice was lower now but her entire body was shaking. Long gone was the neat and perfect businesswoman.

"No thank you", Yujin quipped, jumping backwards when she slashed the air again with the knife. The smoke made her voice raw, and it was becoming difficult to keep her eyes open.

Park wasn't listening to her answer. "Then I'll destroy your precious pack until there's nothing left."

Yujin managed to slam Park's shoulder with the pot, momentarily slowing down her craze with the knife.

"No", Yujin huffed, backing away from the woman and the smoke rising from the fire. A sense of disorientation had found her, slowing down her movements. The fire cracked and some sparks flew from it, finding their way to the cutting boards that had been left to dry off near the stove.

Yujin didn't have time to wait and see if the cutting boards caught on fire. "You will never hurt my family again."

"Really?" Park grinned and pushed her hair out of her face. They both were getting wet from the water squirting from the sprinklers. It was soaking through Yujin's hoodie as well. "Your family?" Park repeated, disbelief evident in her voice.

The shrill sound of fire alarm hurt Yujin's ears, making her head hurt. She didn't understand why Park was suddenly so hung up on here choice of words. She pushed her wet bangs away from her eyes and hit Park with the pot again. Couldn't they just fight it out instead of having this pointless conversation?

"Your family is dead, you dumb girl! I saw your file", Park snarled as she tried to poke Yujin again with the knife and Yujin knew that she'd have to be more careful with her. "You ruin the lives of every shapeshifter around you!"