57

"You're here", Jeno said when he reached Yujin.

There were tears in his eyes.

Yujin's eyes were stinging - her eyes were welling up as well. "You're here too", she whispered.

His hands cradled her cheeks softly while she was still leaning against the wall. She lifted her hands to touch his face, trying to understand that he was really there.

"I was worried", he told her in a voice that almost drowned under all the commotion happening behind him.

Yujin tried to smile through her tears.

Then she kissed him.

The kiss was tender and careful, filled with all of the emotions Yujin had felt, not just during the past few hours but ever since they first met.

Her hands rested against his cheeks, moving towards his neck, brushing against his hair and ears. His fingers were just as soft against her, as his one arm traveled to her back, pulling her closer towards him.

Their lips, dry and chapped after the stressful day, moved against each other slowly, getting acquainted with each other and savouring every second of it. Jeno's body radiated warmth and Yujin felt like an icicle thawing into a puddle, basking in the sunlight. She could feel the yearning in his touch as he held and kissed her like she was the most precious thing in his world.

Yujin's heart was beating in her ears and she was scared that it would burst. The sadness, the longing, the affection, the fear - all of it consumed her. She wanted - no, needed - to be closer to him. Her fingers intertwined behind his neck. He tilted his head slightly, changing the angle of the kiss. Their lips met again and Yujin's heart jolted painfully.

It was too much. It was nowhere near enough.

She didn't want to let go.

Her hand brushed against his shoulder and he let out a silent grunt against her lips.

Yujin's eyes flew open and when she saw the pained glint in Jeno's eyes, she realized that he had gotten hurt and pulled away so that she could see his face properly. His hands remained where they were, one against her cheek and the other one on the lower of her back.

"Did they do something to you?" Yujin asked, frowning. "Does it hurt?"

Before he could answer, she tiptoed in order to see his shoulder properly. There was no blood on his shirt so there probably wasn't an open wound, she noted, while trying to see if his shoulder seemed to be in its proper place. It would've hurt more if it was dislocated, right?

Jeno smiled at her worry. "It's nothing serious. Your captors weren't very polite to us", his thumb touched the scratch on her cheek, "You always go and get new injuries before the old ones have had time to heal", he chastised her in a gentle voice.

Yujin, who was still studying Jeno's shoulder carefully, felt a pair of eyes on her. She looked up and saw that Doyoung was staring at them on the other side of the room.

Suddenly she became embarrassingly aware of the fact that she had just kissed Jeno while a large part of his pack was in the same room. Her cheeks flushed and her eyes darted around the room, gauging everyone's reaction.

Other than Doyoung and Xiaojun - who was staring at them with wide eyes - no one was looking at them. Instead, everyone was still either speaking loudly and hugging each other or then eyeing stressed-looking Jisung or asking him questions.

"How did you find Jisung?" Yujin asked from Jeno, glancing at his eyes before looking back to the scene behind him. "I didn't think that he'd come here willingly."