24

"This is dumb", Renjun announced his opinion loud and clear as Haechan scribbled everyone's names down on a piece of paper. "I thought that we were supposed to figure out what we're going to do about the hunter situation."

"We will do that after this", Johnny reassured him with a wave of his hand. "Consider this a team building activity between all of us."

"Do you mean between us and Taeil's sister?" Doyoung said, glancing at Yujin's direction. Haechan's promise of a game had lured the cooks of the group from the kitchen, and everyone had crowded around him, curious to see what he was planning.

"Don't look at me, it wasn't my idea", Yujin defended herself against Doyoung's stare. "I'm more than happy to skip the game and move on to the planning phase."

Doyoung, who had his arm around Jeno's shoulder, shook his head. "It's too late for that. Half of this bunch are too competitive to give up before the game even starts and the other half wants to learn the truth about Jeno's dog name."

Yujin sought Jeno's eyes, raising her brows in a questioning manner. In her opinion, everyone was exaggerating the entire thing, and it made no sense for them to be so invested in a temporary nickname she had given him. If it were up to her, she would've just told them the nickname then and there.

Jeno saw the uncertainty in her eyes.

"No!" he said, his voice stern and his eyes sparkling. "We won't surrender without a fight!"

"So, you're one of the too competitive ones?" Yujin guessed with a sigh.

"It wouldn't make sense for me to be on the side that wants my nickname leaked", he answered smiling brightly. "That should remain between us, right?"

Yujin felt her cheeks grow warm and fixed her bangs awkwardly when some of the guys wolf whistled and hooted - like a parliament of perverted owls - at Jeno's words.

***

"Renjun was right, this is dumb", Yujin said after Haechan and Johnny had explained the rules of The Game and ordered a part of the group to leave the living room.

Renjun looked like he didn't appreciate the fact that Yujin agreed with him. That wasn't too surprising.

What Haechan had masterminded, was that there would be three different games, the first of which would be Yujin trying to guess or deduce which member was which animal.

"It seems like she's the only one playing", Yuta opposed. "Where's the fun for the rest of us?"

"Maybe we could let her guess twice per individual?" Taeyong proposed when he noticed how hopeless Yujin looked when Haechan handed her the paper with all of the names. "And provide her with a picture of all of us so that we can point which name goes with which face in case she can't remember who is who."

"You don't even know our names?" Johnny gasped melodramatically, placing hand over his mouth in artificial horror. "Aren't we family?"

"But it's against the rules to let her guess twice", Haechan disagreed readily.

"Against the rules made by you barely two minutes ago", Taeil said, his tone kind but firm.

Haechan clung onto his arm, pouting aggressively at him.

"Hyu-ung! Have you turned against me?" he wailed, shaking the older guy's arm. Taeil answered with a patient stare, defeating Haechan's puppy eyes. "Fine. Two guesses", he agreed grumpily, sighing loudly afterwards.

They showed Yujin a group picture with only seven of the members, all of which had left the room earlier. She was informed that it was the people from the apartment of foreigners, the section also known as WayV or WayShen V. Yujin recognized all of them and knew their names, except for the Disney prince looking dude and the one who was either Lucas or Mark.