10

"Are you for real?" The guy was honestly surprised. "Can't you help me out? I promise that I'm not a creep!"

Yujin would've wanted to tell the guy that he was holding the line. Instead she smiled politely.

"I'm sorry, it'd be against our policy", she told him. She looked at the customers behind the persistent dude and was relieved to see that none of them seemed to be in a hurry. She had had a relatively good week after taking Jeno to his home on Monday but clearly this Saturday was meant to remind her once again of the reality of the world.

"What kind of a coffee shop stands on the way of love?" he asked. "It's not like I'm asking for her social security number or address! I just want her number."

"I'm afraid there's nothing I can do about it", Yujin answered, facing him once again. "Now, would you like to have something else with your cappuccino?"

He had already paid but she was hoping that he would take a hint and leave the café already.

The guy pouted. "You're treating me like I'm some creepy stalker", the guy blamed her. "She's into me as well!"

Maybe you're not a creepy stalker but there's something wrong with you if you confuse good customer service with flirting, Yujin thought behind her smile. Bomi was amazing with customers but wouldn't be 'into' any of them because she was already happily married.

"There's nothing I can do about our policy, I'm sorry about it", she said, letting a pinch of coldness cover her tone.

The swinging door to the small kitchen was pushed open.

"What's the sandwich situation boss?" Byongho's deep voice startled the annoyingly pig-headed customer.

Yujin turned to look at the bulky employee who was balancing filled sandwich trays in both of his hands.

"There's still some left so you can leave them in the fridge for now", she instructed him. Byongho nodded, his gaze sweeping over her head to see the tenacious guy and all of the other customers behind him.

"Should I join you for a second?" he asked, motioning towards the second cash register with his head.

"Sure, if you're not busy in the kitchen", she shrugged before turning back to the customers.

The annoying guy was gone. Figures. Of course that idiot didn't understand reasoning but as soon as a bigger dude appeared, he vanished.

When Minji, the third worker on their shift, came back from her break, Yujin got her stuff and went to the small back office to have her lunch.

As she opened her lunch boxes and placed them on the sturdy desk in front of her, Yujin took out her phone and started looking through notifications she had received while working.

Taeil oppa had messaged her a couple of times. She had told her about the Jeno The Samoyed episode and he'd started worrying about her safety. He had wanted to discontinue the business trip at once but she had forced him to stay, saying that she had only told him the truth because she knew that he was reasonable enough to focus on his duties in China despite everything.

Now he wanted her to keep him updated about everything.

One message came from Jiyoung, who had had another shift in the Yongsan-gu café. The message was about that one couple that had been in the café back when Jeno (as a dog) had threatened those two stupid businessmen and then Yujin had called them assholes. Back then the couple had complimented on Jeno's response and now they'd been curious about his breed. Jiyoung had told them that she didn't know.