21

"Here, have some water", Yujin lifted her head when she heard a soft voice. It was Jungwoo, her old classmate.

"Thanks", she muttered and accepted the glass he was offering to her. His smile was tentative, and his almond eyes were as gentle as his voice and smile. Yujin smiled back at him just as cautiously, which brightened his smile slightly before he returned to his seat next to the guy Yujin assumed to be either Mark or Lucas.

The room was quiet and Yujin emptied the glass before she had the courage to look at the guys again. She felt uncomfortable, it was clear that their observant eyes hadn't missed how she had panicked the second she had entered the living room.

"How are you feeling?" Taeyong was the one to end the weighty silence. He was seated on one of the armchairs, and when he spoke up, all of the members turned to look at him. He didn't speak loudly but the way everyone became even more attentive than before when he opened his mouth made it clear that they respected him. It was kind of funny, considering how the thin and tiny guy with light pink hair sat with his knees pressed against his chest and his hands hugging his ankles. He looked like a child from an anime movie, not a leader of a large doubler pack.

"Much better already", Yujin answered politely. She gripped the glass tightly and her head was aching but that might've been just because of the stress. "Thank you all for helping me even though it endangered your own safety. It wasn't your obligation to help me, yet you did it anyway", she continued and looked around the room again, trying to face as many of them as possible.

When the guys heard her thanks, they erupted into a loud mess of objections, shaking their hands and heads at her while speaking loudly over each other.

"No need to thank us!" one of the older guys - was his name Johnny? - hollered.

"You owe us big", Chenle grinned widely like Cheshire Cat. Yujin rolled her eyes.

"We accept cash", Haechan added after hearing Chenle's words.

"We know that you'd do the same for us", Jungwoo voiced his opinion with a sweet voice. Yujin noticed Renjun glancing at him with incredulous eyes.

"Anything for Taeil's sister", Ten announced. Yujin's eyes narrowed when she remembered that it was thanks to Ten that all of Jeno's flatmates were joking about Jeno being Yujin's bed. Ten saw Yujin's face and smiled like a child on the birthday morning. He definitely knew that she wasn't happy with his jokes and that most likely made him happy.

"Just take your injuries seriously and don't do anything stupid", a guy who was seated next to Winwin (Yujin remembered Winwin without problem because she was sure that he, just like her, was a mouse of some kind), said when the chatter started dying down. He was Japanese, right? Was his name Yuto?

"Yuta hyung is correct", Xiaojun confirmed. He had sat down next to a guy whose name Yujin didn't remember. He, for some reason, reminded her of a Disney prince. "You should take care of your body and not take your health for granted."

Yujin's cheeks warmed. She felt like a child getting scolded by teachers for being dumb.

"I know", she said quietly, picking her lower lip with her fingers. "I'm sorry for acting senselessly."

"It's my fault too for exposing her", Jeno pointed out. "I mean, they were looking for me but ended up finding her as well because of my irresponsible actions."

Yujin didn't know whether she should feel grateful to him for standing up for her, or bothered because he felt like he needed to do so.

"That's a valid point", Yuta agreed. He smiled at Yujin politely. "And I didn't mean to make you feel bad about your injuries in the first place. Sorry, if it sounded like that", he added.