65

Jeno's head felt heavy on Yujin's shoulder when the poacher slammed the car door closed after them. Park Sunyoung had ordered her two henchmen to take Jeno to her car despite Yujin's attempts to shield him from their hands. In reality, she couldn't have handled taking him alone because Jeno could barely stand up anymore on his own. When Yujin looked at him in the darkness of the car, his face was very pale - almost grey - and distorted in pain.

"Can you hear me?" she whispered, touching his cheek that felt cold and sweaty underneath her fingertips.

Park Sunyoung was still talking with the two other poachers outside, leaving the two of them alone in the backseat of the car. Had Jeno not been shot, they would have opened the door and ran but now there was nothing they could do.

Yujin cursed herself for not taking the burner phone from her bag.

Jeno grunted. His breathing was uneven and shallow. "It hurts."

He was still pressing the gunshot wound on his abdomen, and his hand as well as his clothes were soaked in blood.

Yujin pressed her hand against the wound as well. "I'm so sorry", she said, glancing around, hoping to find a way to help him. "We'll get through this, ok?"

The front door opened.

"Are we ready to go?" Park Sunyoung asked as she sat down on the driver's seat. One of her employees took the front seat, while the other poacher was nowhere to be seen. He was probably sent back to the headquarter to help the others.

Yujin didn't take her eyes off of Jeno. "Let me take him to a hospital", she asked from Park Sunyoung. Jeno frowned at her words. "Please."

Park Sunyoung tutted. "That's hardly something I can do."

They were driving through the city. There were cars around them and people on the streets but it was considerably quieter than during daytime.

Yujin looked outside. She could open the window and yell, tell someone to call police.

But would anyone hear her, let alone do as she asked? People on the streets might just think that she was a crazy person having a rowdy night, and Park Sunyoung might hurt Jeno even more if Yujin tried to cause problems.

Her brain was working hard to come up with a way out but nothing came to her.

The drive was quiet and Yujin didn't know whether to feel relieved or horrified when she noticed that they were really going to the Dalah Café that was located in Yongsan-gu. It was mainly confusing that Park Sunyoung wanted to go there.

The area the café was located in was quiet, and there was no one on the street when they parked the car in front of the café and got out.

Yujin wanted to tell the poacher stay away from Jeno but when she saw how he was suffering every second he was forced to stay on his feet, she allowed the poacher take him. She might've tripped and hurt him even more if she had fought the poacher.

"Let us in, will you?" Park Sunyoung commanded, sounding bored, and pointed towards the café's door.

Yujin looked at the door. If the security code was put in wrong four times in a row, it would send an alarm code to the security company in charge of the café. If the security company couldn't get a hold of neither Yujin nor Taeil, they would send a guard to check the situation and contact police if needed.

Yujin walked to the door, trying to look like she wasn't planning anything.

"Don't even think about anything stupid", Park Sunyoung spoke up when Yujin was about to touch the number pad. "If you put wrong key code in even once, we will kill your boyfriend right away."