53

Jeno and Renjun had returned home soon after asking Byongho and Jiyoung to contact them if they heard anything about Yujin. Renjun had told the taxi driver to take a couple of detours and kept glancing behind them to make sure that nobody was following them before allowing the taxi to take them home.

"We should try to search for her", Jeno told Renjun when they exited the elevator. "What if something bad happened to her?"

Renjun ran his hand through his hair before entering the key code to the keypad in order to get enter their apartment. "We can't just run around the city if we don't have a clue of what's going on", he pointed out while they took their shoes off. "We have to wait until Taeil is done with the investors and then we can try to piece everything together when he tells us what he knows."

Jeno's gaze darkened. "Are you being this calm because you think that Yujin isn't one of us?"

Renjun turned to glare at him and Jeno could sense the annoyance of the wolf underneath the surface. While Jeno's Samoyed was strong, Renjun's doubler side was significantly more powerful than his. Jeno was pretty sure that even normal people could sometimes feel that Renjun wasn't completely human.

This time, however, Jeno was angry enough to defy his stare.

"I'm trying to remain rational", Renjun spat out, holding Jeno's gaze. "Because you're being emotional and that will get you and the rest of us killed. Even if something did happen, you can't save Yujin if you run straight into a trap."

Chenle, who had been following their stare-off by the kitchen door, cleared his throat. "What is going on? Did you figure out what happened?"

Jeno stared at Renjun for a few more seconds before giving up. This wasn't the time to get into a fight with his own. "Yujin is missing and we still haven't been able to contact her."

Chenle's face fell. "Did the poachers find her?"

Jeno swallowed and his hands curled into fists. The Samoyed growled, its anger vibrating through his bones. "Not necessarily."

"But most likely yes", Renjun corrected him. "We're waiting for Taeil to tell us if he knows anything."

Chenle nodded solemnly as the other two walked past him.

The following few hours went by slowly. Jeno wrote to the group chat, explaining what was going on, Haechan and Jaemin got home from work, and then they waited. Chenle tried to work on an assignment but every now and then his gaze wandered to the others and he kept checking his phone whenever he received a notification. Jaemin tried to reassure Jeno that everything would be fine and Haechan had disappeared to call Johnny.

Some of the guys were worried while the others remained calm, reminding Jeno of the fact that since disappearing had been Yujin's plan in the first place, she might've vanished on her own accord as soon as she left the apartment. Taeyong and Mark told him strictly that they weren't allowed to do anything for now. It made Jeno's blood boil. As time passed, he was becoming more and more certain that Yujin was in danger, and that they should do something now.

His phone went off in his hand. "It's Taeil", he notified the others before answering the call hurriedly.

"What do you mean when you say that Yujin's missing?" Taeil angry voice echoed through the phone.

His urgent tone didn't surprise Jeno. "I was hoping that you could help us figure it out."

***

Yujin was shaking uncontrollably, as she struggled against the zip ties that held her hands together behind her back. She was sitting against a wall and whenever her body touched it, flakes of brown paint rained on her hair.