34

"Do you need anything from the grocery store if I go there after work?" Haechan's voice echoed through the apartment. He had been the last one to leave the breakfast table, and peeked back into the kitchen even though he was already almost late.

"I don't need anything", Jeno's voice answered from the living room.

Yujin glanced at Haechan over her shoulder. She was washing the morning dishes, hoping that there would've been more of them so that she wouldn't have had to think about the day's work or how she and Jeno still weren't talking.

She smiled at Haechan, despite feeling anxious about the idea of spending the entire day alone with Jeno. "I don't need anything either."

Haechan wasn't convinced by her half-hearted smile. "Don't kill each other, okay?"

Yujin laughed, feeling awkward.

Of course, everyone in the apartment was well aware of the fact that Jeno and Yujin hadn't spoken in over a day. After the quiet dinner on Monday, Yujin had retreated back to her (Jeno's) room once again. She had also spent most of Tuesday in her own company, joining the others only for meals, and while the others had spent Tuesday evening by watching a movie, Yujin had declined their invites politely. The fact that she could barely sleep with the constant nightmares didn't make her much more sociable.

With a frown, Yujin continued to rinse bowls before setting them aside. Kind and gentle Jeno being upset with her made her antsy and, well, almost angry. In addition to feeling stressed about it, she knew that the negative atmosphere could make the others feel uncomfortable as well. It was already enough that Renjun hated her guts, she didn't need another one to dislike her existence. Especially not Jeno.

"Time to face the music", she mumbled to herself as soon as she was done with the dishes. It was time to act like an adult and at least try to solve the issue.

It was quiet in the living room when Yujin entered with the borrowed laptop underneath her arm. Jeno was seated on one of the arm chairs with his laptop and barely acknowledged her presence. Yujin hesitated momentarily by the doorway but forced herself to continue walking and finally sat down on the couch on the opposite wall from Jeno's chair. Maybe it was smart to give him some space.

The room was very silent. Yujin barely dared to breathe.

She cleared her throat. Something had to be said. "Um..."

That wasn't what she had had in her mind.

Jeno's gaze moved upwards from his screen, looking at her over it.

Yujin tried again. "Well, um, what are you doing?"

Her question didn't impress him.

"I'm looking for a job."

Yujin tilted her head, surprised by his answer. "Don't you already have one? I thought that you work as a personal trainer. Or do you mean that you're looking for something else, just in case?"

Jeno clicked something on his laptop before fixing his posture.

"It's difficult to keep a job as a personal trainer if I can't leave the apartment and don't know when the situation will get better", he pointed out. While his voice wasn't as friendly as it usually was, at least he didn't sound hostile. That had to be a positive sign.

"Did you have to give up your position?" Yujin asked with wide eyes. He nodded. "Oh no, I didn't even come to think about that. I should've understood that it's not the kind of a job you can necessarily hold onto if you have to stay home. That really sucks. I'm so sorry!"

It was odd to notice how nerve wracking the situation felt like, Yujin thought, slightly surprised by her need to fill the silence with endless babbling.