Prologue

A fresh wave of fatigue washed over Yujin when the elevator door opened. She stumbled in, bumping into the doorframe before stabilizing herself with her hand against the wall. She felt nauseous and her entire body ached as if someone had hit her with a car, what the hell had those attackers shot her with?

"Was it... eight?" she mumbled to herself like a drunk before pressing the button with shaky fingers. The door closed and Yujin slumped against the wall of the elevator, refusing to close her eyes. She couldn't pass out here, it was too dangerous, they might still find her.

When the doors opened again, Yujin pushed herself out of the elevator. Dread pricked her sleepy brain, reminding her of the fact that she didn't know which one of these apartments was his. Why she even was here? She couldn't remember, everything was too hazy.

"He would live near both the elevator and the staircase, right?" she muttered out loud, "just in case."

Yujin pulled herself forward and eyed the doors that fit her analysis but there were still too many options. Her bangs stuck to her sweaty forehead, covering half of her eyes and making it even more difficult to see anything. The walls seemed to be rocking from side to side while sudden need to throw up forced Yujin to double over. Black spots had started to appear in the corners of her field of vision, making everything even blurrier.

With her heart pounding in her ears Yujin realised that she couldn't move any further. Her legs were heavy, as if they had been glued to the floor and she didn't have the strength to take another step. She blinked slowly and when she opened her eyes, the grey floor was somehow a lot closer than before. Yujin's hands ached even more now, her knees were hurting and everything felt distorted, cold and clammy. Had she fallen down?

"Help me", a sad wail left her dry mouth, echoing in her ears, shattering her vision.

Where was she again? Why did she feel so sleepy?

"Yujin-noona?"
She heard a voice from somewhere but was too dizzy to understand that one of the doors near the elevator had opened and someone was hurrying towards her.

"What's going on? Are you hurt?" the guy's voice was closer this time. Yujin blinked again and saw a pair of slippers in front of her. She looked up from the slippers, the black sweatpants, the dark college shirt until she finally found his face. His handsome, worried face.

It wasn't supposed to be this way, she thought in sudden confusion. Hadn't she been the one helping him?

The black spots were expanding, eating up all of the light and colour. Yujin's head lulled from side to side and she no longer could keep her eyes open. The darkness was smothering her, pulling her down. "Help me, Jeno-ya, please."

***

Author's note: Hello dear you! This is a small snippet of the story I've been working on. I have a strong love-hate relationship with fanfiction - I always decide to stop writing and reading it and then a bit later I come back. Should I continue publishing parts for this one or just keep them stashed?