46

"Since we were in the dance team, we always performed in the school fair", Jeno started another story after Yujin had asked for his funniest high school memory. "I don't know if you attended the concert parts?"

Yujin nodded vigorously. "Obviously I did. Many of my friends and classmates performed in them as well." One particular memory surfaced, bringing a faint smile to her lips. "I remember that one time I saw a dance performance by Ten and Winwin and it was amazing! All of the girls and probably half of the guys screamed so hard that we could barely hear the music."

Jeno nudged her shoulder with his own and pouted dramatically. "You sure have fond memories of hyungs."

The smile on Yujin's face widened. "What can I say, I'm not immune to artistry or manly beauty." She shrugged nonchalantly. "I remember that many of my classmates started lingering around their classrooms after that school fair, hoping to catch their attention. It was insane."

"Were you one of the lingerers?" Jeno asked. While his voice was neutral, Yujin could sense a mixture of curiosity and disbelief - and maybe a hint of jealousy - in his voice.

She focused on his hand, comparing his fingers to her own, pretending that she hadn't heard his question.

"Noona", Jeno whined childishly before planting his chin on her shoulder. She was still ignoring him. "You were, weren't you?"

Yujin chuckled at his silly demeanour.

"Don't be stupid", she chastised him, careful not to turn her head even though his chin was still resting against her shoulder heavily. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see that his face was dangerously close to her own, and there was definitely no need for another almost accident that night. This kind of close proximity was already making everything worse. "The main goal of my life has been to be ignored by the other doublers. I could fangirl amongst the audience but I wouldn't have approached any of you even if someone had paid me."

"But you did fangirl", Jeno complained.

Yujin rolled her eyes, still focusing on the size difference of their fingers. Her hand looked quite small and stubby against his lean, defined fingers.

"I fangirl whenever someone is able to fold themselves like a pretzel", she said. While she disliked possessive behaviour and overbearing jealousy, Jeno's pouty curiosity was endearing to her.

"That's a fair point", he noted after pondering her comment for a moment and lifted his chin from her shoulder. "Also, I suppose that everyone fangirls when they see Winwin."

"I know, right?" Yujin mused. It was clear that all of the guys in the pack where complete Winwin fans. "But, to circle back to the actual story, I did attend the school fair concerts. Was it fun to perform in them?"

"It was", he answered and was pulled back to the actual topic. "But in the first year I ruined our dance routine."

Yujin glanced at him and saw that he was cringing at the memory. "What happened?"

Jeno sighed. "We hadn't practiced the piece on the stage beforehand and it was a lot smaller than the space we were used to. And there weren't any markings on the stage so we didn't know where the centre was."

It was Yujin's turn to rest her head against his shoulder, as she listened to the story intently. She was slowly starting to get tired but she didn't want to admit it. Even though it felt like they'd talked for a few measly minutes, they'd probably sat in the bed telling stories for at least three hours.

"There were way too many of us on the stage considering its size, and the choreography demanded a lot of movement so it was difficult for us to stay coordinated. Everything went fine for the first couple of minutes but then there was a part where we jumped forward, and I was standing at the front."