71

"Do you want me to drive?"

Chenle shook his head.

Yujin glanced at the clock on the dashboard and started cracking her knuckles. "You've been going for at least five hours. Don't you want to take a break?"

They'd been on the road for the past two days, only stopping to sleep for the night before continuing. It had been a heavy driving load for Chenle and Yujin since Jisung didn't have driver's licence.

Yujin turned around to check on the younger guy. He was still in his cat form, sleeping soundly on the backseat. He had been on a low energy recently but Yujin tried not to worry too much. It must have been mentally and emotionally exhausting for him to speak about his past in his therapy sessions - or at least it had been difficult for Yujin and she had already done therapy once when she was younger.

"Why do you want to drive so bad?" Chenle asked, not taking his eyes off the road. It was early afternoon but the area they were driving through had some wildlife that occasionally caused accidents if drivers weren't paying attention to the road. It would've been very annoying to get into a car accident just few days before returning home to Seoul.

Yujin shrugged and turned up the radio. "No reason."

Chenle huffed. "Uh-huh, if you say so."

On the radio, some guy started singing You raise me up. Immediately, Chenle started humming along.

"Have I ever told you that I - "

"Yes", Yujin interrupted him, "A million times and million times again. Golden Hall of Vienna, audience loved you, yada-yada."

"No!" Chenle opposed, a horrified look in his eyes. "There I sang Memory! I sang this one in that one Chinese TV program."

"My bad", Yujin apologized and ruffled the younger guy's hair. He swatted her hand away. "It's not easy to remember all of your achievements, you know."

"Jisung would remember", Chenle countered and then raised his voice. "Right, Jisungie?"

A sleepy meow was all he received as a response.

Yujin leaned against the window. "That wasn't a 'yes'."

They were currently driving along the coastline of yet another picturesque fjord. Yujin looked at the cliff on the other side of the strip of water, and allowed her eyes to wander along the trees climbing up the steep cliff.

It was silly of her to be feeling this way. She knew it.

For the past months she had been waiting eagerly to get the permission to go back home. While travelling to Norway, seeing the fjords and hiking in the vast, quiet nature had been her long-time dream, she had never thought that she would be doing that for four months. It had been a very long time to be away from everything.

Yujin chewed her bottom lip. She had been trying not to chew or pick her lips excessively but the habit wasn't going down without a fight.

"We'll have to fix the situation and get your information out of their system so that I can take you to Norway."

That was what Jeno had told her before they had decided to break into the poacher headquarters. It was childish to feel sad about the fact that she had ended up going without him but there still had been days when she couldn't shake that sadness away.

"I'm not saying that I'm upset or anything", the words came out of her mouth before she could consider whether she wanted to say anything or not.

Chenle wasn't following. "Huh?"