43

"Do you want to taste the soup?" Kun asked, glancing at Yujin and Chenle over his shoulder. The two of them were sitting around the kitchen table quietly, trying not to move around too much while Kun and Jaemin prepared hangover soup for them.

"No, thank you", Yujin answered politely.

While it would've been smart to eat and wait for her brain to sober up more, she had gone straight to bed after Johnny and Ten had dropped her home, and now she had to pay the price for her actions. She hadn't had such a hard-hitting hangover in years.

The guys weren't doing much better. Chenle seemed to be asleep against the kitchen table, Jeno had been taking a shower for at least thirty minutes and Haechan had just tiptoed to the kitchen to get some water before heading back to his room.

"Are you still alive?" Yujin asked, poking Chenle's head. Kun rolled his eyes but before he had time to do anything else, Jaemin had hopped behind Chenle and hugged him tenderly over the back of his seat.

"Lele, wake up, okay?" he called sweetly, swaying Chenle from side to side.

"Do you want me to puke on you?" Chenle's muffled voice challenged him.

"He will do it", Yujin warned Jaemin, who let go of the younger guy and patted his head before heading back to the spring onions he'd been preparing for the soup.

"Morning everyone", Jeno's groggy voice greeted everyone. Yujin's head snapped to his direction so quickly that a new wave of nausea flooded her body.

Jeno, like the rest of the party people, was paler than usual but otherwise he seemed to be doing alright - though he was walking cautiously, meaning that he probably had a headache. When their gazes met, she saw worry reflecting her own in his narrow eyes.

"I thought that you had died in the shower", Jaemin snapped to Jeno with his hands on his hips. Jeno tore his gaze from Yujin and glanced at his best friend who was glaring at him. Jaemin's frown deepened when Jeno walked to him and hugged him. "Did you think about the water bill at all?" Despite his complaints, he returned the hug immediately.

"I didn't think about the water bill", Jeno admitted.

Jaemin huffed. "That's so typical of you. Just because you have a hangover after drinking too much doesn't mean that it's okay for you to waste so much water. Think about how many people in the world would be grateful to have water to drink and here you are wasting all of it in one shower."

Jeno chuckled. "I'm sorry, we were irresponsible yesterday. We shouldn't have drunk so much that we couldn't take care of ourselves. It was idiotic of us."

Jaemin mulled over his apology quietly and momentarily Yujin could see fragile fear on his graceful face.

"I knew that it was a bad idea", Jaemin pointed out and the vulnerability vanished as quickly as it had appeared. "You losers don't think at all when you're under the influence, yet you just had to drink anyway."

He narrowed his eyes at Yujin over Jeno's shoulder.

"And you're not any better, noona", he scolded her.

Yujin nodded, accepting his judgement. "I'm sorry, Jaemin-ah", she apologized readily. "I shouldn't have agreed to it."

Jeno let go of Jaemin when he started to complain about the spring onions needing to be sliced for the soup, and got himself a glass of water.

"Is Renjun still sleeping?" Kun asked, looking around for the snarky blond guy. "The soup is going to be done soon."

"Maybe he died", Chenle muttered against the table.