45

Yujin was braiding her hair by the window when Jeno knocked on the door. Yujin's heart lurched and she questioned silently why she was doing this, before asking him to come in.

"You look cozy", Jeno commented while closing the door behind him. When she glanced at him, he was still standing in front of the door, his hands behind his back, slightly unsure smile on his lips.

Yujin looked down to what she was wearing - Jeno's old pair of sweatpants and a stretched long-sleeved shirt - and blushed.

When Jeno had told her that he needed to change before going to bed, Yujin had entered 'her' room in a trance-like state, unable to focus on what she was changing into. Well, since she was mostly relying on Jeno's clothes, it wasn't even possible for her to pick something that would have been the correct size.

"Are you mocking me?" she asked as she finished her braid with a hair tie. "I'm wearing your clothes, you know."

"My clothes look good on you", Jeno answered right away before his eyes widened and he coughed awkwardly.

Yujin tilted her head, ignoring how warm her ears felt. There'd been times when he had flirted with her like it was nothing, yet now he became shy so easily.

Then again, the atmosphere certainly was different now that they were in the bedroom and the only source of light was the nightlight next to the bed.

Jeno followed her gaze and shifted his weight from one side to another when he noticed that she was staring at the bed.

A bundle made out of confusion, fear, and giddiness swirled inside Yujin. Why had she told him to stay with her? She was leaving in a few days and it wouldn't be wise to become more attracted to Jeno.

Nothing had happened between the two of them so far, not really. Sure, they had had their close moments and Yujin definitely wanted to be closer to him but now that she was about to leave, she wasn't supposed to be impulsive.

It would've been better to pretend that there was nothing going on between them.

Yujin faced Jeno's eyes and saw a question in them. He had probably seen the conflict on her face and was wondering whether he should go and leave her alone.

She was supposed to answer 'yes' to that unvoiced question and let him go sleep in Jaemin's room.

"Why are you still standing there?" she said instead. "It's your room."

He followed her to the bed and, after a moment of hesitation, sat down next to her on it. Yujin had inched towards the other side so that he'd have room to sit comfortably, though the bed wasn't very wide. Their arms and legs were touching as Yujin threw the blanket over them.

Then they sat there, their backs against the headboard.

Yujin's face felt hot and she fiddled with the pillow she was hugging.

She had had a couple of boyfriends before but, somehow, now she felt like she was a teenager who was sitting next to a boy for the first time in her life.

Jeno cleared his throat. "Did you and Taeil start looking for a place to stay in?" he finally asked.

"Not yet", Yujin answered. "We aren't sure what I should do."

"You could move somewhere nearby", he suggested, turning his body so that it was easier for him to look at her. "We don't have to tell Doyoung or Renjun if it makes them worry."

The excitement in his open eyes pricked Yujin's heart.

"Yeah, why not", she said, trying to match his tone.