11

"This place looks just like Taeil hyung", Jaemin announced as the guys searched for a table big enough for their group. Yujin followed them cautiously. The café was rather peaceful and, in addition to that, Byongho and Minji, as well as Seoyeon who had just started her shift, were efficient workers. Byongho had seen conflicted look in Yujin's eyes and told her that they'd be fine if she wanted to take a five to chat with her friends. Truth to be told, the conflict hadn't been about whether she could sit down and talk with them but whether she wanted to do it or not.

The rest of the guys agreed with Jaemin's comment, looking around approvingly, and Yujin smiled behind them. The vibe Taeil and Yujin had tried to achieve had been cosy and easy-going. It made her happy to hear that the warm lights, smooth jazz music and down-to-earth interior design reminded people of the person at the helm.

"Haven't you guys visited our cafés before?" Yujin asked when they finally sat down on the brown leather arm chairs and couches around one table by the window. They were surrounded by happy chatter of other customers and soft aroma of coffee and pastries, as the rays of setting spring sun caressed the furniture of the café.

"I have", Donghyuk answered right away before taking a sip from his americano.

"All of us have", Jeno corrected his answer. "But not that often."

Renjun scoffed. "It's not like we're all that welcome here", he commented, his eyes on Yujin.

Yujin's eyebrows furrowed, was she just overreacting or was he acting hostile towards her for no reason? She didn't remember ever speaking with him or doing anything to him.

"Injunnie..." Jaemin muttered, elbowing him awkwardly. Yujin regretted sitting down without realising that while her arm chair was next to Jeno's, she was also sitting right across from Renjun who hadn't seemed too happy to meet her in the first place.

Yujin opened and closed her mouth before finding her voice. "I'm sorry, I don't quite follow", she started slowly, confusion colouring her voice and face. "What do you mean by that?"

"Renjun-ah doesn't mean it like that, don't worry", Jeno said without looking at Yujin. Instead he was staring at the smaller guy on the other side of the table. Renjun looked at him for a moment before turning his calculating eyes to Yujin once again.

"Taeil hyung has made it clear that he hopes that we don't come here too often and bother you", he stated, his voice cool and collected.

"What", Yujin croaked.

Chenle muffled burst of laughter into his drink and Donghyuk's lips twitched.

"Are you being serious right now?" Yujin asked when none of the guys disagreed with Renjun's words. "That makes no sense."

Renjun shrugged. "Well, it makes sense to me. It's not like you were our biggest fan back in high school and even nowadays you get out as soon as we come see Taeil hyung. Do you think that we haven't noticed that?"

His words shouldn't have surprised Yujin, yet they did. She knew that the way she had acted towards all of Taeil's friends could be misleading and make it seem like she disliked them. However, she had somehow thought that they wouldn't think anything about her avoiding them.

"It's nothing personal", she said, wondering why she had decided to sit down with the guys in the first place. Was she really expecting that they'd be fine with it when they didn't know each other?

"It better not be personal since you don't know any of us", Renjun answered.

"Stop it, Renjun-ah", Jeno commanded with a stern voice. Renjun continued to look at Yujin, his mouth in thin line, and Yujin kind of wanted to hide from his judgemental stare. She wasn't good at recognising other doubler's animal forms when they were human but she was sure that he was a predator. She hadn't met new predators in a long time and hadn't remembered how intimidating it was.