Chapter Forty: Here's To The Possible Future

𝐕𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐭
𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝟐𝟓𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎

I tapped my finger against the wall peering over the corner with the others seeing Peter was in the kitchen eating his cereal unaware that five teenagers were staring at him. I could faintly hear my music playing in my bedroom, Therefore I am by Billie Eilish. We figured Peter had great hearing and wanted some type of music to dull out us spying on him.

" How do we just go up to him with all this supernatural stuff?" I asked moving back behind the wall and looking to the others.

Landon shrugged his shoulders." I mean, he came to me about it." He pointed out." Why can't we do it to him?"

" Because two of us are vampires and he could tear us apart." Evie explained staring at him wide eyed.

" Plus, what if he doesn't want to help us?" Sage muttered under her breath." Werewolves are not meant to like vampires or witches."

I nodded faintly," I just don't know what to do."

" You know I can hear you guys." Peter called out causing us all to freeze exactly where we were. Slowly, we peered around the wall seeing he was smirking at us." You talk really loud."

" Morning Peter." I greeted walking in first and feeling the others follow behind.

" Morning human." He replied smirking at me

" Do you know anything about the scarlet stone?"

" I do." He admitted truthfully taking out a small book from his pocket." My ancestors were the ones to help the Cresta witches to hide the scarlet stone."

" He has a book." Sage whispered in my ear and shook my arm causing me to roll my eyes.

" I can see that."

" I have to ask, if I tell you this, you're not going to raise someone from the dead, right?" Peter interrogated causing Landon to chuckle.

" Actually do the opposite."

" There's this person name Narissa that wants to use this curse to bring someone back to life that tried to kill us." Ethan explained pointing to Evie, himself, and I." We need to find the stone before she does and destroy it."

" Well, lucky for you. I can give one helpful tip." He said with a cocked eyebrow." The stone is within a long trail from North to south with the stone blending with coal, iron, and petroleum. This spot can be cold in the north while hot in the south."

" It's a riddle." Evie said grabbing a pen and paper from one of the kitchen drawers writing down what Peter had said." Give me some time and I might just figure this out."

" Of course you can Einstein." I teased knowing she will.

" You guys need to be prepared for the worse." Peter warned causing the smile to slowly come down my face." Many stories that go towards the curse is like reading an epic battle. You need to be ready especially you." He said the last part towards Landon.

The youngest Acacia frowned," How?"

Peter waved his hand walking towards the back door and outside. Quickly, we all followed walking near the woods, but mostly out of sight from anyone else.

" There are two ways to phase. First is when you have the strength of the werewolf gene and you can still be half human." He explained, but when he turned to face us, we all frowned confused." Just watch."

Peter's eyes glowed a bright amber before his features started to change into a wolf. He grew fangs that pointed out from his mouth and his ears were pointy. His nails had turned black along with them growing out to be claws.