Chapter Twenty Six: A Touch By Death

𝐕𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐭
𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟏𝟖𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎

I stared out my baywindow shocked by how much snow had fallen last night. Six inches and I couldn't even see a hint of grass or sidewalk. To make it even worse, light little flurries fell from the sky adding to the cold creation and cancelling school during the middle of the night. I had to admit, it was such a nice feeling when Dad woke me up at 5:30 AM to tell me school was cancelled. Now, I stared from my warm bay window watching a single snowplow drive by trying to clear the road.

" Staring at the snow again Queen Elsa?"

I turned away from the window seeing Ethan and Grayson all bundled up for their hike. Today, the boys were going to go deep into the woods and look for any signs on who was causing the death's in Avalon and where Narissa could be hiding. I was nervous about their little trip not wanting anyone to fight or perhaps hurt each other. I would of joined them, but Grayson didn't want me outside for a long period of time since I had just gotten over my flu.

" Elsa likes snow. I don't." I shot back at Ethan standing up and walking over to Grayson." You boys all packed?"

" Anymore packed and we'll be camping out there."

Grayson smiled looking worried," You sure you'll be fine without me?"

" Gray, you sent your sister to babysit me. I don't think you should be worried."

" She's right." Evie sang by the doorway walking over and laying on my bed with a magazine.

" Evie wouldn't even let a dust touch Violet." Ethan teased only for the girl herself to nod.

Grayson shook his head lightly grabbing me by the waist," You just got over your flu and just got better. I'm always worried about you." He said leaning down and kissing me.

" Be careful you two."

" Always am." Grayson said winking at me before closing my bedroom door.

I walked back over to the bay window and looked down to see Grayson and Ethan close my front door before in a flash heading for the woods and on their journey. I smiled wishing Grayson didn't have to leave and could stay home. On a snowy day like this, I wanted to sit by the fireplace and for the hell of it make-out.

" Okay, let the fun begin." Evie said getting off the bed and smiling at me." What are you planning to wear to the 70's dance?"

I shrugged my shoulders getting up," I have no idea. I'm thinking of just buying a hippie costume and calling it a day."

" No, Violet." Evie whined bouncing up and down." That's so basic and everyone else will do it too. You're not basic, especially with me as your stylist."

I playfully rolled my eyes throwing my hands into the air," Well, what else can I do? I know nothing about the 70's."

" Well, lucky for you, you have a friend who went through the 70's and knows how to dress."

" Fine, what did your vision see me wear?" I asked sitting on my bed.

Evie's face dropped and she looked in my closet sadly," I didn't get a vision."

" I'm surprised."

" When I blocked my mind from seeing your gift, I haven't been getting visions at all." She confessed turning around to face me.

Evie was scared. That much I could tell at the mere idea of losing her ability. I stood up from my bed and walked over to her nervous myself.

" Evie this seems serious."