Chapter Twenty Four: Crash And Burn

𝐕𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐭
𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎

" Defense attorney Richard P. Vega said the city can't prove that the horseplay of teenagers, sparked a fire in the woods earlier today near Tacomy Ave that took out only 20 acres of land. Luckily, the fire was quickly extinguished by firefighters and Chief Steele-"

I turned the tv on mute not wanting to hear anymore. I felt sick to my stomach not knowing what to tell Sage. The thing was, I wasn't going to lie to her, so I would have to tell her the truth and doing so could place her in more danger. Grabbing the tea from the counter, I moved over to Grayson and Ethan's living room seeing Sage sitting on the couch staring at the table in front of her.

Grayson, Ethan, and Evie stood near by watching her, but she hadn't said a word. She was just in her mind thinking from what I could read. I spared a glance at Grayson seeing the sorrow in his eyes. He didn't want me to be the one to tell Sage, but as her best friend, I knew it had to be me. I placed the tea in front of Sage and sat next to it lightly touching her knee.

" Are you there?"

It was like she blinked for the very first time suddenly coming back to reality. She rubbed her hands against her knees and took a look around the room sitting up straight.

" Physically, yes. Mentally is debatable." She fretted before standing up completely and pacing the room." Okay, Violet. What the hell is going on?"

" I know you're confused-"

" Oh, confused went out the door, I'm in like a limbo now. I mean I go to your house to just have some tea and almost get eaten by Slenderman 2.0-"

" Actually we discovered they're called Nightlok's. Creatures created by Narissa out of decaying animal and people." Evie interrupted proud of her research, but her brothers gave her a disapproving look knowing it was a terrible time to gloat.

Sage continued," And then our friends and your boyfriend, who always seemed a bit weird, can run in a blur and have bloodshot eyes."

I nodded my head walking near her." I know. I know, but if I tell you, you have to keep it a secret because a lot of people would be in danger if you don't."

Her eyes shifted over to the Dolan siblings before nodding to me," Okay."

" We're vampires." Grayson softly answered.

I felt my heart skip a beat knowing there was no going back now. I couldn't hide the truth anymore and their secret was exposed. Sage's face drop and I sworn I had watched the color fade along too.

" What?"

" I died in 1800's." Evie mentored to herself before pointing to Ethan and Grayson." and the twins died 1919."

Ethan nodded," Technically, we are not related. Only Grayson and I."

" So Evie is 170 years old and we are 120." Grayson replied.

" All the animal attacks in Avalon, they aren't animal attacks, Sage." I added seeing the hurt return to her eyes at the mention of it.

" My mom died from an animal attack." Sage said when in seconds, her fist had curled and her eyes turned bright orange." Was it you?!"

Aiming her hands at the Dolan's, they screamed out in pain holding their heads and falling to their knees. I gasped at the sound of it and quickly ran to Sage's side stopping her.

" Sage, stop. Stop! It wasn't them!" I shouted. She frowned retracting her arm back and waiting for me to continue." They feed on animals. Other vampires come to Avalon and hurt people. I was hurt by a vampire named Kai."

Bloodlust: Grayson Dolan Love Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें