Chapter Three: Intrusions

𝐕𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐭
𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏𝐬𝐭, 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟗

Today was much easier getting ready for. I placed Grayson's denim jacket over my black hoodie before taking a look at myself. I wasn't so bad and my outfit matched the sixty degree weather. I was hoping downgrading some necessities would bring some attention off me. Sage overheard from multiple sources that I was the hottest girl in school now knocking Paris and Jessica down. Sage told me Paris was pissed about it and even behind my back said some unpleasant things, but I ignored it knowing how Paris could be.

Besides the latest status, majority of the football team flirted with me randomly coming to my lunch table and flirting. I was sick of it and wished someone would make them disappear already. I was getting tired of heart eyes from boy's staring at themselves in the mirror. I grabbed my black jacket off my chair before heading downstairs seeing Dad cleaning his gun. He didn't have work today taking a day off to run some errands.

" Morning Dad."

" Morning, Vi. So about last Wednesday." Dad trailed causing me to cringe while turning around. I had prepared myself for the Dad talk, but nothing could help me bare this very moment and I knew he felt the same way since it took him five days to bring it up.

" I know, not a very good image for the Chief's daughter, but I just wanted to see what it was like to have fun and be back in Jersey."

" Please." Dad scoffed." You're a teenager. I saw this coming. Hell, I went to Wood's parties when I was your age." Dad admitted shocking me from how calm he was being. I expected him to throw a fit and ground me until I was his age.

" Wait really ?"

" I just want you to know the woods are dangerous. The Animal attack tuesday wasn't the first and I know it won't be the last. You just have to be careful when staying here."

I nodded biting my lip a bit." How come no one can find the animal ?"

" Too fast to catch. No tracks either." Dad answered, but I was still confused.

Animals were smart, but they weren't smart enough to mess their trail up. I couldn't further the questions when hearing Sage honk from outside.

" Bye Dad."

" Bye Vi. No woods." Dad teased before going back to cleaning his gun.

" Thanks." I chuckled before leaving the house and into Sage's car.

" Oh boy, do I have a story for you!" Sage sang out her window causing me to laugh when getting into the car.

" What's the story babes?"

" Three days." She answered pulling out of my driveway and down the road." For three days my old man went on and on and on about the wood's party. I mean non-stop."

" Seriously."

She nodded her head," You know how many times I heard the word young lady? I wanted to start taking a shot every time he said it." She joked causing me to laugh too." Anyway, besides the lectures, I'm not grounded or anything. How about you?"

" Same. Dad was more chill about it, but just warned me." I explained when my phone started to go off." Okay, how did so many people from school find my instagram?"