Chapter Eighteen: Thirst

𝐕𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐭
𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟗

Finally the vacation was here. I glanced out my bay window seeing The Bennett, Acacia, and Dolan family already conversating and helping one another pack their cars. Dad was going to drive the 2018 Chevrolet Silverado with Ray, Vera, Ezra, and Rebecca being passengers while in Ethan's van was going to be himself, Grayson, Sage, Evie, Landon, and I. Peter Acacia was meeting us up the mountains from the airport.

I didn't know what to expect for this weekend. Each family had a different idea of fun and together, I wouldn't be surprised if we were skydiving by the end of the week. I grabbed my carry-on bag from the floor and heading down the stairs ready for the road. I closed the front door and walked down the porch before the floor under me seemed to not be there.

" Woah!" I quaked quickly falling on my back and staring at the sky.

" Violet!" Sage screamed followed by multiple footsteps coming over." Are you okay ?"

I nodded my head laughing at the chances of myself slipping on ice." Yeah, I'm okay. I'm okay. No emergency room needed." I chuckled feeling Grayson's arms come around my waist and help me carefully up." Thanks."

" I knew you were always falling for me." He teased causing my cheeks to heat up.

" This road trip is needed." Sage spoke following Grayson and I towards the van." Just sit back and watch the landscape views."

" Nice peace and quiet." I added.

" I should warn you guys. Ethan has a Nicki Minaj obsession and loves to blare in on long roadtrips." Grayson warned, but I frowned at the luckily hood of it.

" You're kidding." I chuckled, but my questioned was answered when Tusa started to blare from the vehicle." You're not kidding."

Sage and Grayson laughed heading inside and I followed hearing my Dad laugh from his truck. Turning over, he was laughing with Rebecca staring at her the same way she stared back at him. He reached forward taking some snow from her hair and even the small action made her cheeks turn a shade a pink. Frowning, I got inside the van taking my seat next to Grayson and starting our trip to Allentown.

The drives up to Allentown will always be one of my favorites. It was the way we went from the views of beaches and small towns to mountain landscape and deers. What made it better this time was how beautifully the snow had covered the land and created a winter wonderland.

" Skittles?" Landon asked and I turned in my seat holding my hand out.

" You and your snacks Landon." I teased watching the rainbow candy fall into my hand before turning forward and looking to Grayson." Okay, roses ?"

" No." He answered having a smirk on his face.

" New boots ?"

" No."

I groaned plopping another Skittle into my mouth unsure of what Grayson could of possibly gotten me for Christmas. I could only hope it was something simple given we weren't suppose to get each other gifts and I got him nothing.

" Okay, this is way harder than I thought. I have no idea what you got me." I admitted causing him to shrug his shoulders.

" Hence why it's a surprise."

I rolled my eyes," Dork." I teased placing my head on his shoulder and feeling his warm breath on my neck.

His body tensed under me and I frowned at bit by the reaction closing my eyes and enjoying the closeness we were having.