Chapter Forty Eight: Bad Decisions

𝐕𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐭
𝐉𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝟐𝟎𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎

Grunting, I held up both hands, blocking Ethan's hits and grabbing a hold of his arm. He was strong, but I was also strong. His hand blocking a punch, my feet jumping back to avoid a kick, and plenty of cursing and grunting, until I had Ethan on his back, his arm up on my neck.

" Someone is angry today."

I sighed angrily and blocked his next move and finally roundhouse kicked him in the cheek. I heard him grunt and smiled, almost feeling bad for him.

Almost.

" Of course." I breathed shrugging my shoulders." My life has went on a downward spiral."

" Care to explain?"

I lunged at him again, this time a punch to the face, and actually succeeded but hitting his face was like hitting pure steel. Hurting my hand some, but not letting it show, I retreated for a second and noticed that his face had tilted to the side with my force, but only a little. He swings the first punch while I duck under it and swing my leg out to send him on his back. My fist collides with his jaw, hitting just the corner of his mouth, he stumbles back, and he wipes at the cracked lip, staring in awe at the trickle of crimson staining his calloused finger.

" My ex-boyfriend returns clearly fine and thinking I was just going to run into his arms after what he did to me." I listed moving some hair from my face seeing he nodded his head." The psychotic witch keeps getting the damn upper hand and now has the stone."

I was so focused on deflecting his punches, I didn't see him inching closer and his foot sweeping under my own, knocking me off my feet. I landed on the ground and groaned in pain.

" And now all my friends lives are in danger and I feel like there is nothing I can do and I hate that feeling." I finalized seeing Ethan held his hand out for me to take.

" You are doing something." He clarified helping me up from the floor." You're training harder and not giving up."

" Yet, there's something more I could be doing." I said spinning on my feet and knocking Ethan onto the ground like he had done to me." I win."

" Wow." I heard and turned to see Grayson leaning on my back porch clapping his hands at me." You took him down like he was nothing."

" How long were you standing there?"

" Longer than you would like." He admitted causing me to glare at him.

" And the reasoning behind it?"

" I came to get Ethan." He said, but I knew he was being his usual stalker self seeing what I was doing.

I rolled my eyes when Ethan elbowed my side to follow him inside. Of course I would given it was my house. Following the twins inside, I noticed the house smelled like cake and frowned rounding off towards the corner seeing Landon on his phone while Aspen stood in the kitchen decorating a cake.

" Ta-da!" She cheered smiling over to me." What do you think?"

" I think with the limited cooking items in this house, you really made such a beautiful cake." I admitted seeing she made a cake with green frosting and little watermelon designs around it while the middle said Be Happy.

" Really?"

I nodded my head," How did you find all this baking stuff?"

" I live here too you know." Landon pointed out stuffing his face with some chips.

" Since when did that happen?" Grayson questioned.

" Since March."

" It's a forever thing too since Billy and Rebecca are getting married." Aspen gleamed smiling at the idea.