Chapter Twenty: Bring On The New Year

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you guys know that often at time I find it difficult to truly describe places or outfits, so, if you want to see where I got outfit inspired clothes for Violet and Sage, you can follow my pinterest at my username Lonnieperk12 . Bloodlust Part 2 is for this parts of the story and Bloodlust 1 is for the other half of the book. Hope you enjoy.

𝐕𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐭
𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏𝐬𝐭, 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟗
𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟏𝐬𝐭, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎

Cheers to the New Year and a new start to get it right. That's a least what we say to each other every year hoping the next would be better, but it never really does. I wanted to change that this time as stupid as it might of sounded. Perhaps I can make a change within myself this year. I had a new state already to live in, new friends, a boyfriend, and a new view to the world. I wasn't doing half bad already.

Entering the dining room, I smiled holding a tray of champagne to give to the guest. Vera thought it was fitting that for the New Years, one drink was going around to get people started for the party. I walked up to Sage, Evie, and Landon sitting at the dining room table and handed them three making sure none of the adults were looking.

" Hurry before you get me in trouble." I whispered seeing the smirks on both their faces when taking the glass.

Continuing around the house, I walked to the living room seeing Vera, and Rebecca watching the News Years Rockin Eve and talking among themselves.

" Well, we should keep their Junior prom send off more simple and then go all out next year with their Senior." Vera suggested causing my cheeks to turn pink.

Junior Prom was in April and quite frankly, I hadn't even thought one bit about it, but they had. They noticed me and gave brief smiles taking a glass and going right back to their discussion.

" Do we know what colors the kids are going to wear?" Rebecca asked only for her to turn towards me." Violet, what color are you wearing for Junior Prom?"

I swallowed," I honestly haven't even thought of prom yet."

" You have time." Rebecca stated giving me a smile." It's four months away anyway."

" Just let us know early, we're planning your send off with Grayson and the others." Vers added.

I nodded my head giving a small smile and walking away feeling a bit uneasy. I hadn't even realized how Grayson and I would go to prom together. I forgotten in my crazy life that normal teenagers get overly dressed up and have their parents take about a thousand pictures of them before sending them off to dance and have fun. I started to walk to the office to give the guys their drinks when I noticed Grayson was still gone.

Ray had made Moscow Mule drink and needed ice, so Grayson had gone to get it. That was three hours ago. I think I was the only one worried about him since the mothers were busy planning our prom and the fathers were busy drinking to notice how long his absence was taking. Placing the tray down, I moved the curtains seeing no sign of him outside. It made my stomach turn hoping nothing bad had happened to him.

" Worried?"

I turned noticing Ethan walk over with a hint of concern and wonder.

" He went to go get ice." I said in a shaken, whispered tone.

" Yeah, three hours ago and there's not much traffic in I-90 vampire." He said looking back over to me."Do you think Grayson's behavior is a little suspicious?"