Chapter Thirteen: Kai

𝐕𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐭
𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟖𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟗

I still couldn't get the night of Abby and Ricky attacking me out of my head. Their bloodshot eyes. The way they bared their teeth at the mere smell of my blood. I shook my head at the memory before turning and watching Grayson drive. He was driving us to his house since his family practically begged to see me.

It was becoming an after school habit. Everyday, Vera would call asking if I was free to come over and try some of her new dishes and Evie always begged me to have a sleepover, but I never did always either needing to do homework or going with Dad to have dinner at Little Diner.

It was a distraction I needed now. Staring at Grayson watching the sunlight bounce off his skin and enhancing the hazel in his eyes. He was handsome beyond measure. It constantly reminded me I was never going to be good enough for him.

" Like what you see ?"

I snapped out of my daze seeing Grayson every once and a while glance at me before his eyes went back onto the road.

" Very much." I shamelessly admitted biting my lip.

He glanced at me again chuckling." Don't bite your lip. That's my job."

I laughed before noticing Night Changes By One Direction was playing and turned up the volume bobbing my head to the music.

" I don't get this song." Grayson admitted causing me to laugh.

" I do." I chuckled

" Sorry little miss perfect." He teased.

I smiled looking forward to see we pulled up to his house. He parked in the driveway and I noticed Evie's Mercedes and Ethan's Jeep already here.

" I'm beginning to think I should just move in." I said hopping out of the car and walking hand in hand with Grayson to the front.

" I think so too. I can't even remember how many times Mom called to ask if you were coming and Evie too." He said holding the door for me while I walked in.

I unzipped my coat feeling the warm ambiance of the house. No doubt, Vera was cooking some cookies and Ezra must of turned on the fireplace by the sound of it.

" Hello Violet." Ezra spoke coming out of his office with a book in his hand.

" Oh, Hello Ezra. How's your day ?"

" Charming dear." He smoothly replied before taking a look up the stairs." Vera is upstairs in the kitchen. I would hurry since she's been dying for your arrival."

" Oh I believe it." Grayson muttered before holding my hand again and walking up the stairs.

We entered the kitchen seeing Ethan was in the living room play some video game while Vera took some cookies out of the oven.

" Violet, sweetie. I made you some sugar cookies." Vers offered taking two off of the tray before placing it in front of me when I sat down." Figured you might want a little after school snack."

" Thank you, Vera." I replied before breaking one in half and feeling it melt in my mouth." This is really good."

" Should be since she spent all day buying the ingredients." Ethan called out.