Chapter Sixteen: Evermore

𝐕𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐭
𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝟏𝟔𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟗

" Violet?"

I squinted my eyes trying to find out where the voice was coming from. It seemed so close, but I couldn't see the person due to the darkness. The voice was familiar and persuaded me to go towards it. The more I focused, the more I could hear background sounds like a monitor beeping and even some people moving around lightly. I moved my foot a bit cringing at the pain slowly creeping when a hand pressed to my forehead slowly caressing my headache away.

" Violet, sweetie, can you hear me ?"

" Dad?" I croaked.

My eyes opened to dim, tan room hearing the tv displaying an old episode of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Right by the tv were balloons that repeated the saying Get Well Soon and right by them were some flowers in vases. Dad gasped loudly with tears in his eyes, but that never suppressed his smile.

" There's my tough girl." He cried not bothering to wipe the tear that had fallen down his cheek.

I studied his face seeing how worn out he had looked. He had bags under his eyes clearly showing tiredness and stress. I leaned forward only to notice the IV in my right hand and the oxygen cannula near my nose.

" Dad, what are you doing here ?"

It was his turn to frown moving some hair out of my face like what I had said was insane." Do you remember anything ?" Hequestioned.

Kai...That was all I could really remember. How he was faster than anything and threw me across rooms like a rag doll not caring about the damages it left on my body. I remembered his teeth sinking into my neck, but everything after that was blur or a haze. Sometimes I saw Evie crying, other times I saw Ethan and Ezra trying to kill him.

" No." I lied.

Dad nodded his head before squeezing my hand." You were at the Dolan's house getting ready for your trip to Colorado when a an animal attacked you. All Grayson and his family heard was you screaming. They raced over seeing you hurt on the ground.. You had a tree branch in your leg and a bleeding neck. Violet, it's a miracle you're alive."

It was an impressive lie. I'll give whoever told my father the credit for saying it. Maybe it was Grayson that had told him coming up with something last minute. Grayson...

" Where's Grayson?" I urged sitting up in the bed despite the burning sensation on my side." Dad, where's Grayson ?"

" Relax sweetie." He warned lightly placing me back down on the bed.

I opened my mouth to protest when he pointed next to my other side showing the boy himself leaned back on a hospital chair sleeping. Even then, he was tensed with his arms folded against his chest sternly.

" He never left since you've been in here. I was surprised to see he fell asleep today. He stood up every night, but I guess his mother finally convinced him to rest." Dad said before snorting." He wins boyfriend points on how much he cares about you."

The door opened with Vera coming in first fully clothed in her surgical uniform followed by Nurse Acacia.

" Hi Violet." Vera greeted" Been a long time I seen those beautiful eyes."

Bloodlust: Grayson Dolan Love Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें