Chapter Thirty Four: The Trail That Follows Violet Steele

𝐕𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐭
𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝟖𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎

" Ezra, are you even doing it right?"

I placed my hand over my mouth trying to stop myself from blurting out loud, but it was difficult when watching Ezra desperately try to act out something for Vera. Charades was still going on except this time, we had divided into teams. Teens Vs Adults. By my sides, Evie and Ethan were trying not to distract their parents with their laughter, but it would only be soon before we exploded.

" Darling, I am!" Ezra shouted frantically playing with the floor and begging with his eyes for Vera to get it.

The timer went off loudly causing Evie to stop it." Time!"

" I was building a sandcastle!" Ezra explained when the three of us gasped loudly holding our stomachs because of how terribly he was acting it out.

" Dad, you were not building a sandcastle." Evie cried out wiping a tear away from just how hard she was laughing.

" Another hot coco, Violet?" Vera asked taking my cup from the table in front of me.

" Actually, tiny human." Ethan said getting up from the couch and grabbing his keys." It's getting late."

My eyes went to their cable box shocked when I noticed it was 11:00 PM. I could only imagine my poor father worried about me if he was home since my phone had died a while ago to even receive any text messages from him.

" Oh my god, it is." I said standing up from the couch and walking down to the door retrieving my bag from the door.

" It was great seeing you again, Violet." Ezra said walking down the stairs with Vera.

Vera nodded her head kissing my forehead and moving my hair behind my ear," Don't forget, my door is always and forever open for you."

" I know." I said giving them both a smile." I'm sorry it took me this long to see you guys again."

" The point is that you returned." Vera reminded.

" Get home safe, honey." Ezra said and I smiled following Ethan out the door feeling the cool spring air surround me.

" Well, that was a hell of a charades game." Ethan chuckled causing me to nod my head.

" Who knew a family of vampires would both be good and bad at it?"

" Hey, we may be old, but we're a pro at games. Try us at monopoly." He said causing me to shake my head.

" Anyone can be good at Monopoly."

" He was definitely not building a sandcastle." Ethan blurted out causing me to chuckle loudly having the image back in my head." There it is."

I smiled so wide a bit confused," There is what?"

" The famous Steele smile." He pointed out towards my face." It's kind of contagious and I have to admit, I miss seeing it so often."

My cheeks hurt from just how wide my smile was and I think for the first time, I felt the blood rush to my cheeks having me blush. Joy overcame my mood, but it only caused me to smile more knowing slowly, I was returning to my normal self.

" Thanks Ethan."

He shrugged his shoulders," It was just a little dinner."

" No." I softly spoke stopping from walking so I could process my thoughts. He turned to face me a bit confused." I mean for pushing my boundaries. I don't know where I would be if you weren't here to help me. You really know how to get me back on my feet. You and Sage. The little things are bringing me back"