chapter 162: acceptance

after everyone leaves the viewing room, they get on their hero suits and meet back at the gate. "now for the final test! tick will be choosing three teammates, and four competitors! each team will start on opposite sides of the grounds, the last one standing wins!" all might explains. you walk up front with him, and pick the teams. "jackets and the bird are with me." you say while pointing at denki, kyoka, and tokoyami. "alright, who will you be facing?" aizawa asks, "grenade gauntlets, engines, arms, and red." you say while pointing at katsuki, tenya, shoji, and eijiro. "perfect! everyone else head to the viewing room, both teams please take your places!" all might exclaims.
as soon as your team gets out of earshot from the others, denki starts talking to you. "alright, my name is denki kaminari, this is kyoka jiro, and thats fumikage tokoyami!" he introduces everyone, "okay, quirks?" you ask, "electrification! i can surround myself with electricity, but if i try and shoot it, it goes everywhere." denki replies. "earphone jack. i have good hearing, and can make my heartbeat louder and more intense through them." kyoka says, "dark shadow. i have an entity i can control, its name is dark shadow. it has a lot of power, and i can use it to fly." tokoyami explains. "simple enough. jiro your on recon, tokoyami your backup and defending jiro, kaminari me and you are our offense." you order, "dont you wanna know what the other teams quirks are?" jiro asks, "i should have a pretty good idea just based off their costumes. from what i can tell, we need to look out for explosions, a brawler, a speedster, and someone with several arms." you say bluntly, "yeah, your right." denki admits. 

after forming a strategy, all might says to begin. "explosion is coming straight at us, speedster is close behind. it looks like brawler and arms are going for the flanks." kyoka announces. "why not just call them by name?" denki asks, "because tick doesnt know their names, dumbass." she sighs. "im gonna hold both speedster and explosion off, when i call i need kaminari to shock them with everything hes got." you say. "what are me and jiro doing?" tokoyami asks, "if we fail, your backup. otherwise, make sure they dont take either of you out." you answer. "good luck." after tokoyami says this, you start running towards katsuki and tenya. "tick you bastard! im gonna kill you!" katsuki screams. 'id like to see you try.' you think with a smirk. "howitzer impact!" katsuki starts spinning, and sends a massive explosion at you. after overclocking x5, you jump to the side. when he hits the ground, you tackle him. "kaminari!" you see him start running for you, and he jumps onto you and katsuki. while you have the chance, your run out his range, and he starts yelling. "indiscriminate shock: 1 million volts!" as he is attacking, you notice several scars dotting his face and arms. 'how the hell did he get those?' you think to yourself. suddenly, tenya kicks you full force. you recover quickly, and leap at him. before he can turn away, you deliver an uppercut, followed by a kick to the stomach. he falls to the ground limp, and you rush back over to denki. "are you okay?" you ask him, "yeah, im good." he brushes himself off, and flinches. "whats wrong?" you ask him, "huh? oh, its nothing." he lies. "whatever. lets get back to jiro and tokoyami to take out the last two." you command.

when you get back, you see kyoka on the ground, with tokoyami facing eijiro. "what happened?!" denki asks, "shoji got jiro, but i already defeated him!" because of getting distracted, tokoyami is hit by eijiro. "i cant shock him, or else i would hit you and kyoka!" denki says in a panic, "im not gonna let you win! if i do...then we wont ever get (y/n) back!" eijiro screams before turning his attention towards you. "i dont know why you guys are helping him! hes trying to replace (y/n)!" he adds. "while i may not have been as close to (y/n) as i would have liked, i consider him a friend. through the limited contact i had with him, i know he wouldnt want us to hold anything back! you really think he wants us to halt our progression because he isnt present?!" tokoyami shouts, surprising everyone. "thats the spirit!" denki cheers. eijiro rushed at you in rage, however you simply trip him and get on his back. "dont let emotion get in the way of a fight." you scold before knocking him out. "team tick wins! with that, he will be accepted into U.A! everyone please come back to the classroom!" all might says over the loudspeakers. "you heard him." you lead denki and tokoyami back, whilst carrying kyoka. "hey man, she has a boyfriend you know!" denki says aggressively, "one of us had to carry her. your in no shape to, and neither is tokoyami." you argue, "hes right. your still recovering, and i am exhausted from my brawl with kirishima." tokoyami agrees.

after waiting about an hour for everyone to recover and wake up, you are brought back to the classroom. "now then tick, for you to attend U.A you have to take off your helmet." aizawa says while looking at you. "right. is that allowed?" you ask, "yes. you have been accepted." he says with a slight smile. you walk right to the front of the class, and look at the students. "i know that i cannot replace your last classmate, but i can sure as hell try." you take off the helmet, mask, and voice changer, only to be met with gasps. before you can explain, kyoka tackles you into a hug. "you jerk! i thought you were stuck in prison!" she cries, "im sorry, kyoka. it wasnt my choice." you argue, "you gave us a real hard time, you know that?!" katsuki stands up at his desk, "yeah! you even called me and kyoka by our last names!" denki adds. "i know, i know, but i needed to make sure my cover wasnt blown. aside from a stranger calling you your first name being suspicious, you two also know how i say your names. thats part of the reason i called everyone out on physical features at first." you explain. "now, you all have some explaining too. what the hell happened?! sero has artificial limbs, denki has scars, izuku is in an arm brace, and ochako is in a wheel chair!"