chapter 99: mercenaries

when you run into the center room you are met with darkness. "how nice to see you again (y/n)." a voice says, "show yourself!" you yell, "why? you already know who i am." the voice says, "(y/n)? who is this?" tooru asks nervously. "the man who tried to kill you. ojiro." you say with venom in your voice. "are you gonna overclock?" aizawa asks, "not if i can help it..." the moment you say this aizawa rushes at ojiro. ojiro throws a punch but aizawa easily dodges it, he then captures ojiro in his scarf. "wow, really gonna do that to your own student?" ojiro asks, "your no student of mine." aizawa says bitterly, "oh! and (y/n), say hi to kyoka for me." he says with a smirk. "you dont deserve to even say her name!" you yell before punching him in the temple. "come on (y/n), we gotta keep moving." tooru says, stopping you from kicking ojiro in the head.

the three of you continue to run through the hallway, after a few minutes you approach another room. when you enter you see an uninjured izuku looking at the walls in confusion, "guys! i think this is a dead end!" he says, "how did you get here?" tooru asks, "i just ran ahead." he says simply, "why would you abandon katsuki?" you ask suspiciously, "he can handle himself." izuku answers with a shrug. aizawa then captures him and you give him an overblast x5. "guys! why did you do that?!" tooru asks in a panic, "that isnt midoriya. midoriya was with uraraka, not bakugo." aizawa explains, "right you are..." izuku says before transforming into a man with green skin. "who are you?" you demand, "chameleon. my quirk lets me copy everything about another person, however i dont get any of their information." he explains, "why are you telling us this?" tooru asks, "because i dont really want to be doing this. a few years back i needed money, my kid wouldnt live without it. i became a mercenary, however since then i tried to stop. i was never able to though because every time i said no death wraith would threaten my daughter." chameleon explains, "so they have hired people as well?" aizawa asks, "yea, just me and another guy. chisaki." when chameleon says this you and aizawa start to worry, "who? isnt he dead?" you ask nervously, "not kai, robert. kai never told his old man about what he did, as far as robert knows kai was a civilian murdered by a villain." chameleon explains, "does robert have a scar on his eye?" tooru asks, "yea, thats him." the man replys, "if you really dont want this life, then walk outside." aizawa says before releasing the villain. "thank you." he says before casually walking out the way you came.

"so robert was overhauls dad?" tooru asks, "it appears that way." aizawa replys, "he might have a similar quirk, be careful." you warn. "right. lets go." aizawa says before running towards a wall, "where?" tooru asks while looking around. "up." you reply simply. you then grab her in one arm and use overblasts to fly up to a platform. "through here!" you hear a voice yell, you look to your left and see your class running towards you. "guys!" mina says excitedly, "are any other heroes with you?" you ask, "no, aizawa is the first pro ive seen since we went into separate doors." izuku replys. "well then, shoji and tooru, can you be our eyes and ears to see whats on the other side of this door?" you ask, "sure." tooru says while shoji just nods. shoji then approaches the wall and puts several ears against it. "four people inside, one of them is muffled and in a panic, i think jiro is in there." shoji reports. "well then never mind on the eyes. izuku, shoto, katsuki, your with me. tenya and eijiro, get ready to take kyoka and run. aizawa, if death wraith is about to touch someone erase his quirk, otherwise keep warp and voleraty out of service." you order. "but we want to help!" ochako argues, "you heard what all might said." you say bluntly, "but your breaking the rules too!" sero argues, "does it look like i give a fuck?" you ask before overclocking x50. 

"now get back." you demand before blasting the door down with an overblast. the scene inside makes you nauseous, kyoka is in the corner, tied up and gagged with her costume in tatters, death wraith is just sitting there waiting, and voleraty is arguing with warp. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?!" you scream, "nothing too bad. wouldnt want to waste the money we could get for her in human trafficking." death wraith replys sinisterly, "DIE!" katsuki screams as he launches an explosion at him, while there is a smokescreen you run to kyoka and pick her up. "im so sorry..." you say, on the verge of tears. you then remove the ropes and cloth that werent letting her move or talk. "(y/n)..."she says while hugging your chest, "what did they do to you?" you ask, "im sorry...i was too weak to fight back." she cries, "it is in no way your fault, how bad do i need to hurt they bastards?" you ask, "w-well they didnt go t-to far...only touching me." she says while sobbing, "tenya! get her the fuck out of here! i hae someone i need to kill." you yell while handing him kyoka. turning back to death wraith, who was in a fight with shoto you speak again. "not only did you take her from me. you hurt her. you groped her! and you were going to fucking SELL HER!" you shout before punching him in the head several times, "momo! before you leave give me a sword!" you shout, a moment later a sword flies through the door, you catch it and walk over to death wraith.

"thanks shigaraki...you have some good ideas."