chapter 16: a new family

the day after mina said her family would adopt you we were all eating breakfast together until mina asks, "hey (y/n) you wanna come meet my family later? you dont have to but i think they might want to meet their new son." "sure, when should we go?" you ask, "we can go after this." mina replys. "okay, ill go get dressed" you say. while getting dressed you realize what you just signed up for, 'wait, im gonna meet minas whole family...am i ready for this?' you think 'no, im not, but ill do it anyway, its not like shes my girlfriend, shes already like my little sister.'

when you go back down to the common room you see mina and tooru talking. "oh hey (y/n) i invited tooru, i hope thats okay." mina says happily, "of course!" you reply, "well lets get going then!" mina says. as you are walking you notice mina acting stressed, "mina, whats the real reason you brought tooru?" you ask suspiciously "well im just really scared my parents wont like you, so i brought tooru because if they dont trust you and think your trying to take advantage of me then tooru could tell them about...you saving her." mina says almost in tears, "i just dont want to lose my best friend." when she says this you take her into a big hug, "its okay, even if they decide they dont like me and wont adopt me i will still be your friend." you say comforting her. "oh hi tooru, what are you doing here?" a female voice asks, "oh and mina! wait, whats wrong, and who are you?" she asks you. "oh mom, this is (y/n)." mina says composing herself, "oh its great to meet you!" she says, "im caitlin ashido." you notice she has pink skin like mina but straight hair.  "now mina dear, whats wrong?" she asks. "well...i was scared you guys would change your mind about (y/n) and i would lose my best friend..." she says starting to cry again. you then give her a hug to help comfort her again, as she is crying into your shoulder you notice her mother starting to tear up. "whats wrong ms ashido?" you ask, "im just happy she has a friend like you. and please call me caitlin." she says. "okay." you reply with a smile. "hey you ok?" you whisper in minas ear. "yea, i just like hugging you." she says with a smirk. "well i hate to interrupt but lets go to your house now guys." tooru says, "yea lets go!" mina exclaims. as you follow them back to her house you think to yourself, 'her mom is very nice, i wonder if her dad is nice too, or if she has siblings.'

 before you know it, youve arrived at her house. it was a two story small house. when you walk in you hear somebody yelling. "DAD, what are we having for dinner?" you hear a voice call, "ITS 4 O FUCKING CLOCK, I DONT KNOW." "guys, im back and we have company." caitlin yells. after this you see a man with horns walk in. "hey tooru, mina, who is this?" he asks suspiciously. "oh dad this is (y/n)!" she says happily. "oh, well my name is michael ashido." he says, "its nice to meet you mr ashido." you say with a smile, "so you must be the boy my daughter has been talking about, cmon ill introduce you to justin." he says, as you follow him you realize that tooru and caitlin went to the kitchen so now its you and mina sitting across from michael and justin. "hi im (y/n)." you say as you reach your hand out to shake justins, "im justin." he says while taking your hand. "so are you two a thing?" justin asks, "JUSTIN! no hes my best friend." mina says. they then both look at me, "yea, shes like my little sister, in fact her and the other girls trust me enough to have a sleepover with me every week. if you dont believe us you can ask tooru, or ochako, or tsu, or momo, or kyoka." you say. "so mina, on a scale of 1 to 10 how much do you trust him?" michael asks, "15" she replys without hesitation, "he actually lives on the girls side of the dorms because there werent enough boys dorms." as she says this they both look shocked, "why the hell do they trust him enough for that!?" justin asks, "i would suggest bringing tooru and the others here." mina says, "wait what do you mean the others?" you ask confused. 

"she means us." you hear kyoka say behind us, as you look back you see all the girls and aizawa. "well everyone, why dont we all say why we trust (y/n)?" mina asks. "well i trust him because of how good his relationships with them all are, and what hes done for them." aizawa says tiredly, "well...i was being molested and the creep was trying to go farther...until (y/n) stepped in and beat him up." tooru says, "during the USJ incident he almost gave his life to save me and kyoka." momo says, "and when he was losing consciousness all he said was that he did all he could and hoped we were safe." kyoka adds, "when we had a costume party he wore an embarrassing  costume just to make me feel like a princess." tsu says. "well, at one point i ended up doing something i really regretted. after that i had an emotional breakdown twice because of it but both times (y/n) was there to comfort me." ochako says with a small smile. "overall he is the person i would most trust to have to share anything with the girls, whether it be clothes, a bath, a bed, or a room." aizawa concludes. "is what they said true?" justin asks me. "yea, i guess so its not that big of a deal though." you say looking down. "bullshit, if these people who i trust all trust you then i trust you too." michael says. "t-thank you." you say, starting to tear up. "welcome to the family"