chapter 131: dueling kyoka

kyoka runs at you and immediately aims for the head, you sidestep and use her momentum to push her over. "(y/n) you need to fight back! if you dont, then you will be expelled! do you really want to give up on your dream this easily?!" kyoka asks angrily before charging at you again. this time she goes for a kick to your side, you grab her leg and use it to twist her around. "is it giving up my dream if my dream is just for you to be happy?" you ask, "doesnt matter! if you dont fight back then i will never be happy!" kyoka says while getting up, "kyoka, you know i cant do that. do you know how it feels to see someone at their absolute worst? beaten, embarrassed, traumatized, naked, broken. and then have to fight them?" you ask frustratedly, "yes! i do! because im fighting you! you died in my arms, only for me to watch you be ripped apart and reassembled!" kyoka replys angrily. she then uses the speakers on her boots to attack you. "i just cant do it...i cant. your stronger than i will ever be, you can still fight when push comes to shove. all of you can, but not me. whenever anything goes wrong im broken...a burden. maybe this hero stuff isnt right for me." you say sadly, "shut up! you arent the (y/n) i know! the (y/n) i know would never back down from a fight, he would do anything to prove himself to his family! the (y/n) i love would put everything on the line to save others, even hurting himself and those close to him." kyoka says angrily, "i just...im sorry. i will try to hold up to your expectations." you say as a single tear falls from your face. you raise you right arm and point it towards her, kyoka grins wildly before you shoot an x50 overblast directly at her.

the entire gym goes silent and looks at you, "what was that?" denki asks, "that, was (y/n) succeeding." aizawa says as he walks up. he goes over to kyoka and looks her over, "she isnt injured too bad. just knocked out." he explains. "wait, (y/n) did you blast kyoka?" shoto asks, "yeah, i already regret it though." you say guiltily. izuku then walks over to you and places his hand on your shoulder, "dont. kyoka and i might have conspired against you, remember my first real fight with shoto? well kyoka wanted to help you get rid of your fear of hurting them, so she asked for advice!" he explains with a smile, "dammit kyoka..." you mumble before walking to her unconscious body. you pick her up and head over to the entrance, sitting right by the door you lay her head in your lap. 

after a while of watching your classmates train, she finally wakes up. "(y/n)?" she asks, "hey dumbass. that was really stupid of you." you say with a smile, "well i had to help my idiot not be a wimp." kyoka retorts, "oh, so im your idiot now?" you ask teasingly, "yep." she replys bluntlys. "mina! what did you do to her?! my teasing isnt working!" you yell jokingly, "when you were gone she literally moved into your dorm room!" mina calls back, much to kyokas dismay. "mina! i confide in you, and you tell him!?" she asks with a blush, "you two must be planning my murder. i see no other way that you would trust mina to keep a secret." you tell kyoka, "i mean, it would be pretty easy to kill you. you dont fight back." kyoka says with a huff. "look, i have some things i need to think over. can you stop laying on my legs so i can take a walk?" you ask, "no. you can think right here. nobody is stopping you." she says before turning to look at the class. 'what should i do? maybe i should ask shoto? he had someone forcefully break their mental block, but that was just to do with his quirk. should i hurt them? no, i cant word it like that. should i fight back?' you ask yourself, "kyoka, i need a favor." you request, "sure. whats up?" she asks, "i need advice. what should i do? i dont want to hurt you guys, but i also want to be able to protect people. even if that means taking one of you down. im at a loss." you admit, "get up. lets keep fighting. no quirks, just a fistfight. if i want you to stop, i will tell you." she orders.

you stand up and go into a fighting stance, she throws a punch at your face however you catch her fist, allowing a clean shot to her stomach. "damn! good hit!" she compliments, "are you okay?" you ask in concern, "im fine!" she says as she attacks you again, this time going for a kick. you dodge and retaliate immediately with a punch to the face. "see, is that so hard? now lets go for real!" she says with a grin. after several minutes of trading blows with her, you notice a few of your classmates begin to watch you. while the fight progresses more and more people watch, eventually the entire class is there. with one final kick, you are able to knock kyoka over and pin her to the ground. "good job, you win." she relents. after standing up you notice that she has several large bruises and her face is slightly bloody. "do you need recovery girl? your bleeding." you ask in concern, "im fine hon, i let you hit me." kyoka teases, "sure ya did, and hon?" you ask suspiciously, "yep. now i need some water." kyoka answers before walking away.
"holy cow! since when can you fight the girls?" sero asks, "since today." you say tiredly, "its alright (y/n). i know how you feel, it gets easier the more you do it. after using my fire against izuku i could barely muster the urge to use it again. it wasnt until the first fight with stain that i really used it." shoto explains, "well thats reassuring at least." you sigh, "(y/n)! tomorrow your sparring with me, got it?" ochako asks, "uh, sure." you agree.