chapter 136: preparations!

over the next few weeks you and kyoka were practically connected at the hip, and thankfully nothing happened. with halloween quickly approaching, mina decides to call everyone into the common room. "so mina, what do you need?" tenya asks when everyone gathers, we should totally do something for halloween!" she answers, "like what?" denki asks, "well, gen ed is doing a haunted house again, the support course are gonna make a bunch of scary robots, and the management course are selling stuff, so i figured we should do something too!" mina exclaims, "thats a pretty good idea! not only would it be nice to have some fun, we would also be able to socialize with other classes! maybe we can even meet some first years! oh, and we could celebrate with eri!" izuku says excitedly, "so basically you want us to brainstorm?" momo asks, "yep!" mina replies with a grin.
after a while of arguing, everyone whittled it down to three option. "from here, i believe we should vote! you can vote between a live concert including both 'hero too' and 'protector', a scary corn maze, or a 'how many zombies can you destroy?' contest!" tenya orders. after collecting all the votes mina reveals the answer. "uh, so the corn maze got four votes, and both the other ones got eight." mina says, "why dont we just do both?" sero suggests. "yeah, we could do both." shoto agrees, "its settled then! (y/n) and kyoka, you are in charge of the performance! katsuki and eijiro, you are in charge of the contest! you have a week to prepare!" tenya informs. "sounds good." you agree, getting met with nods.

the next day you and kyoka go to her room to practice. "so what order are we doing this?" she asks, "well, for both songs i think we will probably need the band to come back. is there any chance they still have hero too memorized?" you ask, "they should, but we can always do a test run." kyoka answers. "okay. well, we obviously want something different from the first time we did this, if you can focus on teaching everyone protector, then i can handle effect and differences." you suggest, "sounds good to me." kyoka agrees, "but hey, just stay with katsuki please. we are gonna need him with both songs, so while im not there you need to stay with him, okay?" you ask, "i know (y/n), i couldnt even escape him if i wanted to. besides both denki and momo are also in the band, so i would have to run away from three different people." kyoka explains, "alright, just be safe." you say, "i will!" she says before getting up and walking away.

after talking with kyoka, you go find some people to help you with effects. given the smaller amount of people willing to help, you decide on shoto, tooru, ochako and slight help from katsuki. "perfect! so should we do a full run through?" kyoka asks two days later, after you show her the effects, "yeah, that would be good. is there anyone around that could make sure it looks good?" you ask, "yeah, let me text izuku real quick." kyoka answers. within minutes izuku arrives, "im ready!" he says with a thumbs up, "awesome! places everyone!" kyoka shouts.

after another three days of perfecting everything, it was time to add the finishing touches. "are we gonna have dancers or anything this time?" denki asks, "nah, everyone else either wants to watch or are doing other things." kyoka answers, "what about costumes?" momo asks, "why dont we wear our hero outfits?" tokoyami suggests, "sounds good to me." you agree. suddenly, you hear the gym doors open behind you. "fifteen minutes before curfew. (y/n) you come with me." aizawa orders, "run through hero too once, and if i have time we will do protector!" you say before running to aizawa. he leads you out of the gym and towards the main building, sitting on the stairs in front of the school you see eri. "hey eri! whats up aizawa?" you ask, "well, eri has something to tell you." he says before sitting next to her. "mr. aizawa is training me now! soon i might be able to give back lemillions quirk!" she says excitedly, "thats awesome eri!" you say before giving her a hug. "i wanted to ask if you wanted to help train her, her quirk only works on living things." aizawa explains, "sure!" you say with a smile, "good. it starts the day after tomorrow, i expect to see you at ground gamma by seven." he says, "sounds good!" you say happily. "now then, go practice one more time or something." aizawa says as he stands up, "practice for what?" eri asks, "remember right when i woke up, my class put on a big show? well, we are gonna do another! im gonna help this time though." you explain, "will deku be in it again?" she asks, "no, but im sure he would love to watch it with you." you say before patting her head. "later aizawa." you add before running back to the gym.

the next morning everything was going perfect. your performance was at 10:30, so you had quite a while to do other things first. "its kinda like another cultural festival, huh?" kyoka asks while the two of you walk together, "kinda, but this time the teachers had nothing to do with it. from what i heard gen ed actually suggested it." you explain, "that makes sense, plus i guess normal people can enjoy it too." kyoka says. "hey! are you jiro and (l/n)?!" a group of three first years run up to you, two boys and a girl. "yeah, who might you be?" you ask, "oh, right! my name is alex angelle, this is morgan cavanagh, and jarrod maxwell!" one of the boys says excitedly, "yep! all three of us are first year hero course students!" cavanagh says, "cool! how can i help you?" you ask, "well, the three of us went to middle school together with this other girl. she doesnt have a quirk. she tried her best to get into the hero course, but only got gen ed. is there any chance she can still be a hero?" maxwell asks sadly, "absolutely. you know, i used to have this really close friend, like my brother. he was quirkless too. his number one goal was to become a hero, and you know what he did? he became a hero!" you grin, "really?" angelle asks, "yep. all it takes is the right mentality. because even if you dont get into the hero course, even if you never get a licence, that doesnt mean you cant be a hero. you can be a hero to the people you care about. let me ask you, who is your hero?" kyoka asks, "you guys! i remember watching the first sports festival you guys were in, then the second, and now im face to face with you!" cavanagh exclaims, "well if you really look up to me, then let me tell you. never give up. it gets pretty tough sometimes, but from what i have learned, its always best to have a reason to fight." you say kindly, "thank you so much!" angelle says before the three run off.

"god, they are so much like eijiro, mina, and izuku." you tell kyoka with a chuckle, "i dunno, the other girl they were talking about sounded like izuku. maxwell was like ochako." she argues, "i didnt think of that!" you say with a laugh. "alright, we have a while before the performance, lets go check out the gen ed haunted house!" kyoka says excitedly