chapter 114: training begins!

after waking up the next morning you make your way outside. "hey (y/n)." eijiro greets tiredly, "morning." you reply, "have you gotten breakfast yet?" he asks, "no, where is that?" you say, "over there." he says pointing towards a pavilion. when you get there you see your class eating breakfast. "hey (y/n)!" mina calls, after grabbing some food you go join her and a few others. "hey guys." you say wile sitting down, "good morning (y/n). did you sleep well?" tenya asks, "yea, after all the stuff with kota we just played cards before sleeping." you explain, "momo is annoyingly good at go fish." ochako pouts, "i would imagine so! she is the smartest in the class after all." izuku says, "i wonder what we are gonna do today." mina says, "i mean, probably strength training. aizawa said that we are only gonna have one more hero exercise, the rest will be physical." izuku answers, "knowing aizawa there is gonna be some sort of trick though, my guess is that we are gonna take our biggest physical weakness and try to fix it. for example, mina you would work on your arms to throw acid farther." you explain, "definitely possible, however why would we need to come here just to work out? whatever we are doing must have something to do with our surroundings or the pussycats quirks." tenya adds, "what are all their quirks?" ochako asks izuku, "mandalay has telepath, she can talk to people in their minds! tiger has pliabody, it allows him to stretch in ways that shouldnt be possible! ragdoll has search, it allows her to track and even know the weaknesses of up to one hundred people! then there is pixie bob with earth flow, although you already know how that works." izuku says quickly, "well then maybe working through distractions? mandalay could distract us by talking in our minds, pixie bob could make obstacles, and the other two could monitor?" mina suggests.

after finishing your breakfasts everyone gatherers in front of aizawa. "as you all know today we will begin physical training, last year we focused on your quirks, however this year will be different. you will be spilt into five groups, one for each present hero. each helping you get stronger." aizawa explains, "what are each of you doing differently?" tenya asks, "i will be working with the people who rely too much on their quirks. ragdoll will be with people who rely on stealth, with her quirk she counters it very easily. tiger will be with people whos quirks rely on physical strength, take (y/n)s overclock as an example, it would be powerless if he was weak. pixie bob will be with the people who rely one creativity over strength, changing your surrounding constantly will make it harder to strategize. as for mandalay, she will focus on strengthening the rest of you overall, whether it me mental or physical." aizawa explains before holding up a piece of paper, "here are the groups." he says.

aizawa: todoroki, bakugo, kaminari, and tokoyami.
ragdoll: hagakure, shoji, shinso, and jiro.
tiger: (y/n), sato, tetsutetsu, and kirishima.
pixie bob: iida, yaoyorozu, asui, and midoriya.
mandalay: ashido, uraraka, koda, and sero.

after going to your designated area you see tiger waiting for the four of you. "finally! for today we will test your limits! then break them! first i want you all to run laps around camp without your quirks until you collapse!" he orders, "well this is gonna be rough." you say before sprinting away.
after a few hours, and several laps you finally collapse. "perfect timing!" you look to the side and see you fell right by where you started, there were eijiro, tetsutetsu, and sato also suffering. "did i win?" you ask jokingly, "only by one lap!" eijiro replys, "now that we have worked your legs! we will wok you arms! behind each of you is a pillar, if you break it before it breaks you, then you get to finish early! still no quirks!" tiger says while pointing at the columns pixie bob made. "lets get to it then!" you say before hobbling over and punching the rock repeatedly.
a while later you feel something in your hand snap, "ah!" you shout while holding it, you look down to see one of your fingers completely limp, while your hand is covered in blood. "uh, tiger i broke something." you say while walking towards him, "just a finger! bandage it and keep going!" he says. after doing as he says you walk back over to your pillar. you look to see that you have made a few cracks that went throughout the whole thing, but the majority of them are only at the surface. after a while of punching you look to eijiro on your left, to see him almost through the pillar. "how are you doing that dude?" you ask, "im not sure. i just keep punching." he shrugs, "well damn." you say. "enough chitchat you two! whoever either breaks their pillar the fastest, or whoever breaks last, will be the winner!" tiger says, "did tetsutetsu and sato already stop?" eijiro asks, "yes! they both broke!" tiger says before you quicken your pace.
after punching for another hour, you hear the pillar begin to break, and feel it move slightly. "how close are you eijiro?!" you ask while continuing the onslaught, "im almost through!" he says excitedly, at this you punch harder. 'shit! i felt another two fingers break!' you think as you start punching with both arms. within minutes you start to feel the rock give way to your fist, ever so slightly. you through your final punch and watch as the pillar falls, completely splitting down the middle. "done!" eijiro shouts, you look to the side and see both of his hands bloodied too, on the ground is his pillar as well. "well then that makes two of us." you say with a grin. "excellent job you two! now go enjoy dinner with your class!" tiger says, "dinner? we started around lunch." eijiro says, "yes! you two have been at it for a while, your homeroom teacher tried to tell you but you werent listening." he explains.

when you and eijiro eventually arrive at the pavilion, you start to get crowded by your classmates. "what happened?!" mina asks worriedly while looking at eijiros hands, "so you two are finally done?" aizawa asks when he comes over, "ill be honest, i didnt even know you were ever there." eijiro says, "same here." you agree, "i can see why. which one of you got closer to breaking the pillar?" he asks curiously, "we both broke it, but (y/n) beat me by less than a minute." eijiro says, "you did what?!" mina asks, "broke rock. without our quirks. thats why our hands are bloody and broken." you say bluntly, "you idiots." kyoka says, "tigers the one who made it a competition! and its not manly at all to back down to a fight!" eijiro argues, "fucking hell you two, go take a shower or something. i cant tell whats sweat, blood, tears, or bone." katsuki says, "it was very unwise of you to push yourselves so hard!" momo scolds while tenya nods, "i think its pretty awesome that you guys broke rocks, but can you not break your hand next time?" ochako asks, "yea! believe me, breaking bones doesnt get easier!" izuku adds, "both of you go get patched up, your training tomorrow will be to go back to U.A without a bus and get yourselves healed, other than that your done for today and tomorrow." aizawa orders.
while walking towards the main cabin with the first aid kit eijiro speaks up, "is it even possible to get back to U.A without a car or something?" he asks, "not if i carry you." you say bluntly, "alrighty then."