Chapter 47

Third Person's POV

"So, Naina, are you ready for this?" Rajveer asks her when they reach her home.

They had not rung the doorbell yet.

Their ride from Ambala to Nainital had been pleasant.

Rajveer had shared with Naina about his time in KMA with Naveen.

He had told her funny stories about him and Naveen, and she had shared about her time in college before joining KMA.

During their ride, Rajveer tried to think but could not remember the time when he was that comfortable and that happy in someone's company.

He had looked at Naina smiling and laughing freely during the journey and had fallen in love with her more than he already was.

Seeing her that way, he had vowed silently to always keep her happy this way.

"I do not know, Rajveer. Although Maa and Papa have told me that they approve of you, I do not know how they will react when they see us together.

"I am a bit nervous. Especially because I do not know what nonsense Major Bhargav has spewed to them regarding our relationship," Naina says.

"Do not worry and do not be nervous, Naina. I will handle this," Rajveer reassures her.

Although he is not showing it, Rajveer is also very nervous about meeting Naina's parents.

Both him and Naina do not exactly know what Major Bhargav has told her parents. They only know that the Major told them about those false rumors.

Naina had said to him her parents approve of him, but he does not know what they think of him being her teacher and still liking her.

He really hopes they will not think badly of him.

Rajveer is still contemplating about how to approach regarding his and Naina's relationship with her parents when the door opens, and Naina's father welcomes them inside.

"So good to see you again, Captain Rajveer. Please come inside," Sudhir invites Rajveer in, warmly smiling at him.

"Thank you for having me, Sir, Ma'am," Rajveer politely says to Naina's parents once they all are seated in the living room.

"How was your journey, Captain Rajveer?" Ira asks Rajveer.

"Please, Ma'am, call me Rajveer," Rajveer tells her.

"Then you should also stop calling us Sir and Ma'am, Rajveer. It sounds too formal," Sudhir says.

"Sure, Uncle, Aunty." Rajveer smiles at them.

Sudhir and Ira are happy that their daughter has chosen a good man for herself.

Not only Rajveer is an honest army officer, but he also is a good-hearted person.

They had known this about him when he had come to their house all those months ago.

When he knew about them being Naveen's parents and about Naina being Naveen's sister then, he was not been disgusted and did not taunt them as others would have done.

Instead, he returned to the academy and promised Naina that he would prove Naveen's innocence.

Naina also called them regularly, telling them how Rajveer helped her when her truth about being Naveen's sister was been exposed to the whole academy.

She informed them all about how Rajveer had been her sole support then and how he is doing everything he can to collect evidence to prove Naveen's innocence.