Chapter 7

Rajveer

I climbed down from my jeep in a secluded area where I had called Chaubey to meet me.

When Chaubey messaged me in the morning to inform me that the address which Naina gave in the academy was not her address, I called him here, asking him to bring the information he had been able to collect on Cadet Naina Singh.

Once I saw him at a small distance from me, I walked to where he was standing.

"Chaubey, are you sure that the address mentioned in Cadet Singh's form is not her real address?" I asked again to confirm.

"Yes, Sir. I am sure. I have even gotten her correct address," Chaubey replied to me and gave me the note containing Naina's real address.

His confidence made me sure too because I know how efficient Lieutenant Roshan Chaubey is in his work. He is one dedicated army officer and is also loyal, reliable, and trustworthy.

Reading the note Chaubey handed to me, I found Naina was from Nainital. I frowned, wondering why she lied about her hometown.

"Ok, Chaubey. It is Saturday today, so I do not have any classes or drills with the cadets. I am going to Cadet Singh's house to inquire more about this. When I am gone, it is your responsibility to look over those triggers," I informed Chaubey.

"Do not worry, Sir. I will take care of everything here. And about those triggers too, you have the access card, and you know no one can get inside without that access card," Chaubey replied.

"Yes. I know Chaubey. It is impossible to get there without the access card, and I always keep the access card with me.

"But still, this is the matter of national security, and we must not take this lightly," I reminded Chaubey, and when he nodded, I climbed into my jeep and started driving to Naina's house.

------------------------

Standing in front of Naina's house, I rang the doorbell.

I do not know what to expect, but I feel like I will find at least something in her home. If there were nothing here, she would not have lied about her address.

An older man opened the door and I noticed him getting somewhat conscious as he looked at my army uniform.

"Yes? What can I do for you?" The man spoke a bit stiffly, and I wondered why he was reacting this way.

"Hello, Sir. I am Captain Rajveer Singh Shekhawat. I am from KMA, and I am here to verify Cadet Naina Singh's address," I lied smoothly and saw the man getting surprised first but later, he sighed, looking defeated.

"Yes, I am Naina's father, Sudhir Ahluwalia. Please come inside," He stepped aside, motioning me to enter the house.

Once inside, I saw a woman standing in the middle of the room, looking at me cautiously.

Mr. Ahluwalia introduced her to me. "This is my wife, Ira Ahluwalia. Please sit down, Captain Rajveer."

Nodding at him, I sat down on the couch and looked around.

But I stilled suddenly when my eyes fell on a photo frame placed on the table beside the couch. There were other people in that photo too, but my eyes only focused one person in that photo.

That person was none other than my late best friend, Captain Naveen Singh Ahluwalia.

Seeing that photo, something clicked on my mind, and every piece fell into its place.

The weird way Naina introduced herself, the reason she looked so secretive, the reason behind her joining the academy, and the reason behind her lying about her address.