Chapter 2

Rajveer

Climbing down from my car, I look around at the familiar surrounding of Kanchanjunga Military Academy (KMA).

As I see the main building and the training ground of the academy, I am hit with a sudden wave of nostalgia. And why not? After all, I started my journey of becoming an army officer right here in this academy.

Ten years back, I had entered this academy as a cadet, with a goal of becoming an army officer.

And today, I have returned as a faculty member, to teach fresh batch of cadets and help them reach their goal of becoming an army officer.

It is not that I have returned to this academy straight after 10 years. I had returned four years back too.

And everything that had happened at that time. From reuniting with my best friend, Captain Naveen Singh Ahluwalia, to his death.....

I fist my hands to curb the overwhelming anguish I feel as I recall that darkest phase of my life.

Although this place has given me the happiness of serving my country by making me a capable army officer, but this is also the place from where my misery had started exactly four years back, when I had lost my best friend.

And I am back in KMA now, the place where everything started, and this time, I am here with a mission to discover the truth, with a mission to prove my friend's innocence.

------------------------

As I reach the academy hall, I am about to turn toward the corridor that led to Brigadier Chandok's office, the principal of KMA, to report to him, when I see a girl standing in front of KMA's wall of fame.

It is the wall where the photos of best cadets of their batches are hung.

In my batch, Naveen was the best cadet pass out. So, from our batch, it was his photo that had been hung to this wall.

But that photo was thrown out of the academy when Naveen was falsely accused of being a traitor.

This girl is continuously looking at the blank space of the wall. The space where Naveen's photo used to be.

Curious, I call out. "Fresher?"

The girl turns, and I take a sharp intake of breath.

'She is beautiful.' The thought comes unbidden to my mind.

Her black hair cascaded over her shoulders, framing her face perfectly. She had sweet, oval face with a button nose and full, rosy lips.

But the feature that attracted me the most was her eyes. She had almond brown eyes, bright and liquid warm, framed by beautiful thick lashes. There was something solemn in those stunning deep eyes. It felt like they have been holding some secrets and some sadness too.

I feel a sudden urge to go close to her and gaze deeply into her eyes. I wanted to keep gazing until they revealed me all her secrets.

She blinks her eyes once, and I come out of my stupor.

Surprised by my thoughts, I quickly shake my head to clear my mind.

------------------------

Naina

I turn around when I hear someone, and see a man dressed in the army officer's uniform peering at me questioningly.

'Must be a faculty member here,' I think as I continue looking at him.

He has a thin yet handsome face. With dark hair, sharp jawline, and grey eyes, he is an attractive man.

But it is his piercing grey eyes that I feel drawn to.