Chapter 9

Third Person's POV

Anand Bhargav found a perfect drill to expose Naina's truth in front of the whole academy.

Once all the cadets assembled on the academy ground for the exercise, he started speaking.

"Cadets, today's drill will be about how to punish a traitor. Here, I have an artificial body which you all will presume to be a traitor's body.

"When I call your name, you will step forward and taking a weapon placed in that table, you will stab the traitor's body," Bhargav instructed the cadets.

Then, for his final step, he unveiled the traitor's face and watched with pleasure as Cadet Naina Singh Ahluwalia paled, seeing her brother's photo pasted on the head of the traitor's artificial body.

Rajveer too watched in horror when Bhargav unveiled the face and started calling cadets to stab the body.

He looked at Naina and saw she was getting anxious and angry with each stab that other cadets were bestowing on that artificial body.

He hoped she is strong enough to stab that body because if not, she might have to reveal the truth, and if her truth comes out, she might even be expelled from KMA.

Naina walked toward the body slowly and picked up the weapon with her trembling hand.

No matter how much she tried, she could not bring herself to stab that body.

How can she when her brother's photo is pasted on its head?

"Come on, Cadet Singh. We do not have all day. Just stab the traitor and go back to take your position," Bhargav provoked Naina and got the desired reply.

"I will not stab him, Sir, because he is not a traitor but a martyr," she spoke loudly, and everyone gasped, hearing her.

"How can you say that, Cadet Singh? He was a convicted traitor who was shot dead in an encounter. How can you be so sure that he was not a traitor?" Bhargav asked her and waited with anticipation.

"Because he was my brother, Sir. And my brother was not a traitor. He loved his country and died protecting it. He was not a traitor," Naina shouted for everyone to hear, and hearing her, Rajveer closed his eyes in despair.

'You should not have said that, Naina.' He sighed heavily.

------------------------

Brigadier Chandok called on a meeting including all the faculty members to discuss the incident which occurred during the drill.

He is furious after knowing that one of the cadets in his KMA is a traitor's sister.

"I have called on this meeting to decide on what to do about Cadet Naina Singh Ahluwalia," Brigadier started, addressing everyone.

"She should be expelled from the academy, Sir. She lied to us to get into this academy, and she shouted in the ground that her brother was not a traitor. I think she can be a danger to the country if she becomes an army officer," said Major Nair quickly.

"I completely agree with Major Nair, Sir. I do not think she should be allowed to become an army officer," Bhargav told Brigadier, and Rajveer fumed hearing him.

Rajveer knew Bhargav had known about Naina being Naveen's sister, and he also knew that this scumbag planned all this to reveal the truth about her in front of the whole academy.

"But Sir, we cannot expel her just like that. We need to give her a chance to explain her side, and we need to understand why she lied to us.

"She must have done so because none of the military academies would have given her the admission if they knew the truth.