Chapter 54

Third Person's POV

The following morning, Rajveer enters the academy after finishing his morning workout.

During the entirety of the workout, he kept wondering about how to tell Naina everything.

Now too, he is thinking about the same.

He knows it is now the time to tell Naina the whole truth. He cannot delay it anymore because, if he did, Ritu Mishra would use that truth against him and his country.

After returning from the Ritu's quarter last night, he got a call from Colonel Shakti Chandra, who told him about the slight change in their plan.

They had first decided to move the trigger a day after Abhi's arrival and were spreading this news to Ritu's men to let her know about this decoy drill.

But after learning about the drill, Ritu began relentlessly planning and plotting to get the trigger by hook or by crook before it was transferred to the safe place.

There were even sudden disappearances of three junior soldiers from their headquarters, and they could not trust the new soldiers who have joined in their place.

Yesterday afternoon Colonel Chandra found that the paperwork of the plan of this mission--that he had kept in a safe in his office--had disappeared.

That is when their suspicions on the new soldiers peaked, and they decided to keep all three of them under their radar because they did not know which one among those three was working for Ritu.

As this decoy drill is of utmost importance for national security, they must be one hundred percent sure before ruling out a new recruit of being a mole in the headquarter.

Apart from that, Captain Abhimanyu Rai Chauhan's arrival was also preponed.

That is why instead of coming after a couple of days, Abhi arrived last night.

It was done because they were going to carry out the decoy drill today morning.

The main reason behind this haste was the missing copy of the plan from Colonel Chandra's office in the headquarter.

After this incident, everyone in the team agreed it's better not to delay this drill anymore.

They have made sure to make Ritu's men know about this new development, and shortly Ritu too had been informed by them about it.

He knows that because she had called him late at night to tell him that instead of having until evening, he only had up to today morning to decide who he is going to choose--Naina or his country.

Although he had already chosen and decided what he would do, he still told Ritu he would think about it and give her the answer in the morning.

That is why he texted Naina and called her to his quarter this early in the morning.

It is time to open up his heart to her and confess everything.

He has been praying fervently that once he confesses everything to her, he will not lose her because she has become that one person for him without whom he cannot even imagine his life anymore.

Rajveer jolts out of his thoughts when he reaches his quarter and sees Naina walking toward him, all ready for the drill.

She, along with the other cadets, has been told that this drill is a part of their training.

None of them know about the real reason behind this exercise. Not even Naina.

"Cadet Naina Singh reporting, Sir," Naina salutes him, and Rajveer feels a pinch in his heart when he sees respect for him in her eyes.