Chapter 59

Third Person's POV

"Naina, I would like to have a word with you, please," Abhimanyu tells Naina as he sees her walking toward the library.

"Yes, Sir?" Naina gazes curiously at Abhimanyu, wondering what he wants to talk about.

"We have not gotten a chance to talk with each other since I arrived in KMA. So, I thought it would be nice if we talked for a bit."

"That's quite alright, Sir. It has just been a few days since you arrived at the academy. So, I guess you have not had a chance to talk properly with any cadets here, not only me," Naina says.

"But you are not just any cadet, Naina. You are my late best friend's sister, and I want to let you know that I was and am still doing everything I can to prove Naveen's innocence," Abhimanyu tells her a little too ferociously, and Naina is taken aback by his intense voice.

"That's good to know, Sir." Naina gives him a small smile, starting to feel awkward due to his stare.

The way he spoke earlier, it made her seem that her knowing about him trying to prove Naveen's innocence matters more to him than actually proving his friend's innocence.

She is not sure if she observed him correctly as this is the first time they have actually spoken with each other about this, but she does not know what it is that is making her feel uneasy in his presence.

"I found a while ago that you are Raj's protégé," Abhimanyu says. "I know you must think him to be an ideal teacher and perfect mentor because he portrays himself to be all that. But I want to tell you to be a bit careful around him. He is not exactly as good as he shows himself to be.

"And he might have told you that he is the only one trying to prove Naveen's innocence. So, I wanted to clear with you that I too am Naveen's best friend, and I am putting all my sources out there to collect the evidence of his innocence."

Abhimanyu hopes Naina understood what he told her.

Naveen was blinded by Raj's lies, which is why he always sided with Raj, making him feel lonely most of the time.

And now, he is feeling the same jealousy knowing that Naveen's sister is Raj's protégé. So, she also must have the same faith in Raj as Naveen had in him.

Not only Naina, but almost all the cadets in KMA are all praises for Raj, and it has started to irk him. That is why he has decided to beat Rajveer and make a more prominent place in cadets' hearts. The first step for this would be to befriend Naina.

After all, she is Naveen's sister, and support from her would mean a lot to him.

Naina feels annoyed hearing Abhimanyu talk this way about Rajveer.

Agreed she is angry with Rajveer and has spewed some hateful words to him, but it is difficult for her to hear someone else talk bad about her Rajveer.

'Stop it, Naina. He is not your Rajveer anymore. Stop feeling protective of him,' her mind argues.

'Umm, the engagement ring hanging in her neck begs to differ. If he is not her Rajveer, then why is she still wearing that engagement ring?' her heart counters.

"Just shut up," Naina says, frustrated with the ongoing battle between her heart and her mind all the time.

"What did you say, Naina?" Abhimanyu questions, wanting to confirm if she had indeed told him to shut up.

"Oh! I am sorry, Sir. I did not mean to say it to you. I was just thinking about someone else," Naina clarifies.

"That is ok, Naina," Abhimanyu smiles at her. "By the way, you can call me just Abhimanyu without the Sir. Naveen was my best friend, and I want you also to see me as a friend, not as a teacher."