Chapter 20

Third Person's POV

Seated by the fire in front of Naina, Rajveer stared at the way she was drying her hair.

Feeling cold after falling into- and playing with the muddy water, they made fire to warm themselves before continuing the route march.

'She looks more beautiful with her hair unbound.' Rajveer noted.

Some strands of her hair fell over her face, and he felt the need to walk up to her and remove those strands from her face.

After removing those strands, he would then lean toward her face, toward her enticing lips, and--

"Sir, are you fine?"

Naina's question brought Rajveer out of his reverie, and he was shocked by his thoughts.

"Sir, are you ok?" Naina repeated the question, noticing the lost look on Rajveer's face.

"Yes, Naina. I am fine. We need to go now. Otherwise, we will come last in this exercise," Rajveer answered her, and both stood up to follow the map and complete the route march.

'Naina is your protége, Rajveer. Stop thinking that way about her.' Rajveer willed himself as he walked alongside Naina.

------------------------

It took Rajveer and Naina two hours to complete their route march, and they reached their destination in front of Major Bhargav's tent, where everyone was supposed to be gathered.

"Sir, I guess we are the first one to complete. No one has arrived here yet," Naina said to Rajveer, not seeing anyone there.

"No, Naina. We should not have been the first one to arrive here. Others should have finished their route march before us. After all, we had lost some time when we fell, and we also took some time to build a fire and dry ourselves.

"And look at how the tent is abandoned. Something is wrong," Rajveer told Naina and started searching the ground, hoping to find some clue.

He went inside Bhargav's tent and found a paper on the table there. He quickly read the content of the document and was surprised.

"Naina, we need to return to the academy right now."

"But why, Sir? We still have 16 hours left in this camp, right?" Naina asked him.

"No, Naina. Brigadier Chandok has already called off the camp. According to this notice, which I found in Major Bhargav's tent, all the mentors and protégés are ordered to return to the academy by 2000 hours," he informed her.

"That is why no one is here. But why didn't anyone inform us?" Naina was confused.

"Major Bhargav," Rajveer answered her, and she closed her eyes in despair when she realized Bhargav's intention behind leaving them alone at the camp.

------------------------

Rajveer and Naina arrived at the KMA at 2400 hours, and as per Brigadier Chandok's instruction, they went straight to the academy hall to waiting for him there.

The other faculty members and cadets too gathered there because Bhargav sent an orderly to call them all.

Soon, Brigadier too arrived there with a stern expression on his face and immediately started speaking.

"Captain Rajveer Singh Shekhawat, can you please tell me why are you four hours late in returning to the academy? You must have gotten my notice which had my order to everyone to return to the academy by 2000 hours.

"All the other mentors and cadets were able to return by that time except you two," Brigadier asked Rajveer.

Rajveer was about to answer, but Naina interrupted in between.